Are you someone with strong commercial awareness, target driven, willing to learn and able to build effective internal and external customer relationships quickly?
My client's team pride themselves on the products and services they offer to the customer, that's why they're looking to recruit an enthusiastic, results driven individual, to take responsibility for managing and growing business for a defined account base and increasing customer engagement and loyalty in line with growth targets.
If you enjoy a challenge, new ways of working and have a passion for targets and increasing sales, backed up by electronics/industry experience the team is waiting to meet you.
An exciting opportunity to join my client's field sales team has become available. They're recruiting for a Key Account Manager to cover Guildford, Chichester and surrounding areas. This role has no direct reports but is a key part of their external field sales team, where you can be a part of shaping the future, sharing and building on ideas.
This is a role where as an individual you may not have all the answers, but as a team you can work together to find them and support both their OEM and CEM customer base.
You will play a key role collaborating with internal sales and other back office functions such as Technical, Quotes, Marketing and Finance to deliver support to key customers and developing the business further within your customer base - they're looking for someone with a keen interest in technology who is passionate about sales and business development.
This is a field based role, 80% of your time will be meeting customers face to face and carrying out a key account management, consistently growing sales and profit within a set of assigned accounts on a quarterly basis.
Here is the essential experience we are looking for in this job:
* Delivering sales and margin growth in line with agreed targets for an assigned group of accounts
* Identifying and converting a pipeline of new business opportunities in line with expected timescales and growth targets.
* Identifying and converting design of new projects and follow the designs into production.
* Identifying key competitor account opportunities and formulate plans to deliver and convert significant wins, ensuring maximum profitability from right product and services mix.
* Creating and being accountable for all client proposals, contracts, QBR's and any further documentation, with support of Operations, Legal and Finance teams, following internal procedure.
* Responsible for managing new agreement roll-outs, marketing plans and mobilisation support activity to rapidly convert the business opportunity with support of Marketing and the quote and technical functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Fluent in English both written and spoken
* Great communicator, Social intelligence, winning mentality.
* Previous direct sales experience
* Previous experience in Account Management.
* Understanding of P&L, profitable sales, margin implications of particular sales and discounting policies.
* Skilled negotiator of significant agreements with strong commercial acumen and numeracy.
* Self-starter, able to work independently.
* Analytical experience and ability to interpret financial and sales data and results
* Demonstrates Change Agility, Resiliency, Drive for Results and Customer Focus
* Ability to Collaborate and Connect with Others in a multi-channel multi-cultural environment
* Clean driving license
* Technical knowledge
* Sales experience in the Electronic board or component space
* Knowledge of our high Service business
* Background in Electronics and/or Distribution
A very competitive salary, bonus, car + package