Key Account Manager (Food Service)
With its unique business model of selling premium quality coffee along with weekly changing non-food ranges through its own distributions channels, Our client and its 12,500 employees worldwide generated revenues of 3.4 billion EUR in 2015.
Founded in 1972, our client today is one of the leading food and coffee service companies in Europe with branches in Germany, Austria, Great Britain, Czech Republic and Poland. Our client provides tailored out-of-home solutions for a wide range of customers from hotel chains to independent cafés or educational facilities.
With its family of brands (Davidoff Café, Piacetto Espresso, VISTA) the company has built its first-rate reputation based on superior quality products, truly unbeatable service and fair prices. The unique and diverse brand and product portfolio is supported by a cutting-edge equipment and the latest training resources.
Position: Key Account Manager
Location: Field Based: Worcester- West and Wales
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday
Salary: £25,000 per annum + bonus (around £12,000 per annum) + company car
About the role:
- Management, development & retention of existing Coffee on the Go Accounts
- Deliver on-site training
- Manage and update your dedicated prospect pipeline
- Secure new business; 5 concept accounts per month delivering a minimum of 20 cups per day on average
- Seek to gain referral business & SGA's (self-generated appointments) from prospects, existing & new customers whenever possible
- Recommend and implement ways of developing existing business and maximise daily cup sales through negotiation, promotional activity, marketing & training
- Negotiate with decision-makers and other influencers within existing accounts to achieve agreed Concept targets and Strategy
- Formulate a medium- & long-term sales plan for each Concepts account to achieve increased cup sales and to regularly monitor progress against plan
- Work closely with the Concept Channel Managers to establish an understanding of what is required to achieve agreed objectives
- Inform key department heads as well as Internal Sales & Field Sales teams in order to co-ordinate bespoke group activity within each national account sector as necessary for the development of the account group
Essential Skills / Experiences:
- Ability to build personal relationships via customer and prospect networks
- Be flexible especially as far as working days and hours are concerned to deliver on business commitment
- Must possess a full clean UK driving licence
- Competent in all Microsoft Office packages specifically Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Proven track record of achieving excellent new business results
- Previous experience of selling at high level
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Ability to motivate, focus and interact with other team members in a professional and structured manner
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills, that focuses on the needs of the prospect customer
- Confidently able to train customers on equipment in the areas of daily use, beverage production, cleaning and maintenance
Desirable Skills / Experiences:
- Good knowledge of Coffee, Teas & Juices.
- Knowledge of current market trends within the Foodservice Industry
- Food service experience
- Coffee background
You may have experience of the following: Key Account Manager, Account Manager, Sales Manager, Account Management, Business Development Manager, Business Development Executive, Account Executive, Client Relationship Management, Relationship Management, Customer Service, New Business Development, Field Sales, Food Service, etc.