Account Manager / Key Account Manager Background
Experience working with FMCG Manufacturers / Retailers
My client are a Consumer Behaviour Insight Company who provide market information to FMCG manufacturers and retailers. This information helps them to understand the key drivers of growth and use this to build tailored business strategies.
My client monitors what consumers see and buy online, actively tracking 550 million products across more than 6,000 retail websites in 50+ countries for FMCG brands and retailers. Their digital monitoring technology is uniquely combined with sales data, ensuring that their clients maintain or increase market share.
My client works with some of the biggest and most well known FMCG manufacturers and retail stores across not only the UK but the world. They have continued to show rapid growth and have doubled their revenue over the last 4 - 5 years. They continued to develop new relationships as well as developing their existing ones, offering a very tailored and personnel service to each of their customers, why not apply and join an exciting growing brand?
As Key Account Manager, you will be responsible for supporting & developing the growing manufacturer and retailer customer base (Mars, Beiersdorf, Johnson & Johnson and Tesco among others). You will be in charge of a rapidly expanding portfolio of customers and you will be their main point of contact.
As the face of the business with these customers, you will be responsible for building successful relationships with your main contacts and for expanding the networks across the customer organisation. The role will involve ensuring renewal via client satisfaction and identifying growth opportunities through understanding client needs.
You will report directly to the VP of Sales EMEA and gain valuable experience in a fast-paced & fast growing business environment. You will be provided with excellent support and training and join a growing, vibrant team.
- Day to day contact for my client's key manufacturer and retailer accounts supporting a broad customer base
- Ensuring client satisfaction leading to uncontested renewal status
- Developing a high level of expertise of the industry, product offerings, competitive landscape, and understanding of associated technologies and how they solve customer's business issues
- Building a relationships and networks across a portfolio of customers, up-selling new features where appropriate
- Arranging conference calls, product demos, training and face-to-face meetings to educate the customers on my client's solution's benefits/capabilities
- Ensuring data accuracy in customer accounts
- Preparing and managing your customer portfolio in SalesForce.com
The Key Account Manager:
- At least 2 years Account Management experience
- Previous account management experience in the FMCG / Retail and/or tech sector is highly desired
- A strong track record of growing revenue from an existing account portfolio
- A degree is a preference but not essential
- Commutable to Maidenhead 3 / 4 days a week
- Ambition to develop and progress in a rapidly growing business
- Ability to think outside the box, utilising your own ideas and methods
- Outstanding organisational skills and ability to multitask to effectively prioritise and manage work flow
- Strong attention to detail and analytic capabilities as well as interpersonal skills
- Goal driven - should have strong desire to exceed expectations
Key Account Manager - FMCG
£28,000 - £35,000 per annum DOE
£400 per month car allowance
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Excellent training and progression opportunities