My client a fast moving, progressive and dynamic manufacturer of punched metal plates for the consturction of roof trusses. As the demand for modular and pre-fabricated method of building increases, my client has seen exponential growth within sales, hence why they are looking for a new Key Account Manager.
The group is a leading manufacturer of builders metalwork and off-site fabrication solutions. Their products are relied upon by a network of timber trussed rafter manufacturers throughout the UK and Eire. When used with their software, prefabricated trussed rafters are designed and supplied to the highest specification.
Over the years the range and complexity of projects designed, supplied and erected by fabricator companies has progressed rapidly. Housing applications utilising prefabricated trusses are well known. The aesthetic and architectural appeal of pitched roofs has also spawned a rich variety of commercial and industrial applications including offices, shopping centres, superstores, hospitals, schools, hotels and light industrial buildings.
The key responsibilities of the Key Account Manager are:
- Deliver top-line revenue targets whilst strategically protecting the profitability of the business, worth roughly $5million per annum.
- Foster effective relationships with all relevant stakeholders (internal and external)
- Act as a conduit for our business to interact at every level with these accounts to ensure that we are a built-in supplier and partner to their businesses
- To pro-actively seek market opportunities to grow their business and market share
- To identify and feedback customer pain points
- Pro-actively work with other departments to ensure we are delivering the very best customer service to our most important accounts
- Regular visits to all Accounts throughout the South of the UK.
The ideal Key Account Manager will have:
- 3-5 years Key Account Management experience
- Experience in the sale of a technical product (e.g. chemicals, insulation, waterproof membranes, lighting)
- A proven record in growing sales and profitability
- Proven ability to network and build strong professional relationships
- Ability to deliver results
- Ability to say "no" and drive simplicity in the business
- Collaborative in nature and able to achieve goals through influence not force
- Strategic account management (not short sighted)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong presentations skills
- Good computer skills with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong commercial business acumen
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly, both verbal and in written form
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Friendly, energetic, positive and customer focused personality
- Ideal, but not essential knowledge and experience of the Roof, Floor and Timber Frame industry in the UK
Competitive salary + bonus