The role as Key Account Manager is a senior position with a key focus on driving current accounts and business strategy. Based in Birmingham, this role is an integral part of future growth across the UK.
Our client are a UK & International leader within the Optical & Personal Care sectors. They have extensive growth plans, looking to grow their consumer division from their Birmingham office, across the UK & are looking for strong, commercial sales people to drive them into the long term as Key Account Manager, with future growth platforms.
As Key Account Manager, you will be responsible for growing a new division within the business with current & prospective accounts, within a high-growth market. The successful KAM will be tasked with the following roles & responsibilities;
- Act as the face of the company and for specific Retail, Online & Grocery accounts
- Manager accounts and all P&L activity with a key focus on driving NPD
- Negotiate and progress contracts for all current account activity
- Develop new business opportunities across the consumer division
- Develop JBP's to align business expectations and maintain planned growth
- Bring a passionate approach to the business and give exceptional service to national accounts
- Consult with Senior Buyers to develop long term strategy and insights
- Support the wider team with growing the business in the long term.
The successful candidate will have the following profile;
- Key Account Experience - Amazon & Retail would be preferable
- Strong background in FMCG - Classically Trained
- Experience in the Optical or Personal Care industry would be advantageous
- Passion & enthusiasm for sales & the consumer world
- Proven track record in account development and successful JBP strategy
- Key commercial success and ability to demonstrate this with ease
- Evidence of strong internal and external stakeholder management
£45-50,000 basic salary (dependant on experience)
Bonus, Car Allowance & Benefits