6 months ago
Information on the company
This client is an independent financial brokerage specialising in equity, fixed income and commodity derivatives.
This is a 3 month paid internship. Salary: £18k - £22k pro rata + bonus.
How you can expect to spend your day:
You will join the company as a junior broker, operating in a support capacity to the senior brokers making this an excellent entry level position into the financial brokering industry.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and undertake include:
* Fast-track your knowledge of the equity and derivatives industry
* Learn about and become responsible for trade confirmations
* Learn about and work on price dissemination
* Establish client relationships of your own whilst helping to improve and cement existing relationships
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
* Educated to degree level
* Strong presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
* Comfortable working in team environments towards a common goal
* Any form of prior experience working in the finance industry, in particular in brokering would be beneficial but not a must
What are the perks of interning at this company?
* This is an entry level position into the finance industry and will quickly develop the successful candidate’s commercial work experience by giving genuine responsibility from day one and train the candidate in industry best practice
* Work with a small, friendly, supportive and sociable team
* The previous intern was hired on a permanent contract within the company
Apply for this role