9 months ago
Junior Buyer - Tablets
Job Number: 16962
Location: Acton Support Centre (LHO001)
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
As the Category Manager for tablets we need you to be creative and grow this category in a challenging market! You will manage end to end product life cycles, and work cross functionally to deliver ranges instore communicating key benefits to customers and working with suppliers to unlock unique propositions/promotions to drive customers to Currys as destination.
Working within our Computing Department reporting in to a senior category manager to give you support as you develop in this role. You will be responsible for implementing the category plan to deliver the sales, margin and stock budgets. Maximising margin delivery by managing suppliers efficiently and provide a range to meet customer needs and developing a strategy to drive sales of tablet in Carphone.
* Ensure that the category is always striving for a market leading range.
* Establish credible relationships with suppliers to ensure the best cost, best supply and best delivery for our customers.
* Be aware of the market place activity. Using this information to ensure that the category is performing.
* Working side by side with the merchandisers to ensure all metrics are hit across sales and stock.
* Work with suppliers and cross functionally on new product launches
You will need;
* Experience at (Assistant) Category Manager level with knowledge and experience of: Supplier negotiation, Supplier relationship management.
* Good commercial awareness and appreciation of customer needs.
* Good working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel and business objects skills
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.