about 1 year ago
Junior Buyer - Groupon Goods
Buying and Supply Chain Sales and Sales Operations
London, United Kingdom
Local and More
London, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: JV_1_1271
We are seeking a retail-savvy Junior Buyer to fuel the growth of Groupon Goods, our newly launched online retail arm dedicated to featuring great deals on great products. To get airspace on Groupon Goods, a product has to be cool enough to share and innovative enough to inspire. This buyer will source and procure products that we share with subscribers every day, and in turn provide a customizable way for brands to connect with a potentially new customer base
We’re making life less boring by crafting a new evolution of local commerce. We’re changing the way wholesalers and consumers connect with each other worldwide, and the change has barely started oh and did we mention, we’re also hiring!
We are looking for a smart, fun and well networked Junior Buyer to join one of our popular and growing categories. As a Junior Buyer you will be well networked in these areas and have a passion for not only the category but sourcing the best products for our subscribers.
A crucial part of this super-fast paced role is identifying and approaching prospective suppliers within your designated category, introducing them to Groupon Goods and identifying distribution and marketing solutions.
The role works on a buying/sourcing aspect tasked with identifying, creating and delivering category plans, merchandise schedules and develop long term growth plans for top, mid and low tier suppliers. The right candidate will have the opportunity to rapidly build a multi-million pound category and join a true market leader. Being the market leader and most visited buying website this is a great time to take this category to new heights across the UK market.
* Source and solidify top-tier-brand relationships, in order to curate products that consumers will love
* Establish and grow relationships with manufacturers, wholesalers, regular sailors, distributors, and retailers as the essential resource for distribution
* Negotiate terms of sale, price point, and margin
* Research vendor landscape to keep current with industry trends and pricing dynamics in the consumer-product-goods space
* Monitor each vendor’s inventory to ensure timing of distribution and appropriate placement of feature
* Possible travel (up to 10%) to trade shows
* Fluent in English AND at least one of the following: Italian, German, Spanish or French
* 2+ years of experience in buying, with evidence of successful negotiation in competitive market
* Examples of having met weekly deadlines with moving targets
* Evidence of maintaining focus in a whirlwind of change
* Proof of business-polished written and verbal communication
* Past experience displaying awareness for the impact of teammates across the organization (i.e., the company is bigger than me)
Preference given to candidates with e-commerce experience and those well-versed in industry trends in consumer electronics, health and beauty, sporting and fitness, apparel and accessories, and home and kitchen.
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.