6 months ago
IT Services Sales Specialist (114577)
: Sales and Client Management
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Oxfordshire-Oxford
Salary : competitive
: Jul 19, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
The ITS Specialists teams sits within Major & Public Sector. As a Field ITS Sales Specialist you will have overall accountability for leading and managing IT sales activity for a portfolio of up to 60 Major Corporate or Public Sector accounts whose value ranges from £2m to £25m+ on IT Spend. These customers are typically FTSE 100 companies, universities, housing associations or local government and health accounts.
As the principal ITS Sales Specialist for this client base you will be responsible for building client relationships to identify opportunities, develop your pipeline and successfully achieve your New Business sales targets.
What you'll be doing
Key responsibilities include:
• To achieve your Sales Target for New Business, Revenue and Customer Satisfaction.
• To create a pipeline to 3 x target cover to ensure targets are achieved.
• To focus on a named set of customers identifying opportunities for new business.
• To own and be accountability of the margins being delivered within your customer base for the ITS portfolio, this will include working closely with our vendors ensuring we maximise discounts / promotions to drive the margins of the sales, building the right solution to resolve the customers business problems.
• To own and develop relationships with your customer base for the ITS Portfolio.
• Drive the attach of service to product sales ensuring the mix is as rich as possible.
• Drive timely service renewals within your customer base.
• To progress and support the order through to completion and customer delivery.
• To work with key internal and external stakeholders i.e. CIO’s Commercial, Service, Product Management, Suppliers and Vendors, and key customer decision makers.
• Develop a strong commercial understanding for your client group and their key drivers
• Develop a BT/competitor landscape portfolio for the defined customer base
• Use this knowledge to develop and execute an appropriate IT sales strategy, enhancing BT’s opportunity to win new business and ultimately drive incremental profitable revenue growth
• Build long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with your customer base, in particular key decision makers. These key decision makers are typically senior executive teams, often at board level, and can have sophisticated procurement systems where you will need to obtain an understanding of the customer’s process for sign off.
• Ensure regular face to face meetings with customers to keep up to date with their needs and opportunity identification
• Have a deep technical and commercial understanding of the IT products and solutions portfolio
• Use knowledge of customer and IT solutions portfolio to influence key decision makers and their sourcing of IT solutions from BT, ensuring you are appropriately aligning solution to customer need and developing ‘trusted advisor’ status
• Develop effective relationships and collaborate successfully with virtual team both across M&PS (Solutions Consultants and Account Managers) and wider (Contract Management and Service Delivery). Building strong internal relationships will be essential and also support the identification of further opportunities
• Responsibility for developing and progressing an opportunity pipeline sufficient to satisfy the delivery of revenue and new business targets as set for your business unit. Typically your pipeline should equal a minimum of 3 times your target, (for example £30m if your targets if £10m)
• To be responsible for ITS Strategy within your customer base driving the agenda of applications, software required and customer success around licencing.
• To have knowledge of and work within all frameworks relevant to your customer base.
• Identify and flag opportunities at risk, with a clear understanding of reason for risk and effective plan to remove this risk
• Maintain and keep accurate records on Salesforce as the CRM system used by the Business
• The use the Sales Planning tools i.e. Altify as required to support the sales process to win business
• Take on key projects to support the Specialist Sales unit and Major Corporate
• To provide plans, forecasts, reports and information regarding Customer requirements, business performance and competitors as required.
• Follow the current "Competitive Marketing Principles", as issued by Regulatory Affairs.
• To deal, where necessary, with customer complaints and advocate use of correct Service processes to ensure customer requirements are met efficiently.
• To attend training and development courses ensuring BT’s needs are met as well as your personal development.
• Always adhere to BT's Conduct Standards & values along with HR procedures & policies and BT Safety Policy to implement effective time management
• Accountable for management of efficient business cost expenditure and timely monthly expense claim submission as directed locally
• To be a role model for the team by living the company’s values and ensuring high standards of conduct.
• To ensure that all processes and procedures for which the post holder is responsible are reviewed regularly & are of an auditable standard thereby ensuring their integrity, effectiveness and safety.
• To take ownership of your personal development and agree development plans with your line manager, to ensure you are fully conversant with the whole portfolio and can sell a value proposition
We'll also need to see these on your CV
The skills & experience you need
Knowledge and skills around the ITS Portfolio (i.e. Cisco, HP, Firewalls, Managed Services, Professional Services)
Proven track record and ability to sell the portfolio you are responsible for: account development, leveraging relationships, customer industry knowledge, customer acquisition, sales forecasting
Ability to accurate plan, forecast and report against sales plan and targets
Ability to influence and negotiate at a senior level
Ability to use customer and industry knowledge to develop an appropriate sales ITS strategy for your customers
Ability to build relationships, influence at an Executive level and deliver revenue targets in line with sales ITS strategy
Managing change, aligning and prioritising multiple demands
Ability to use insight to make strategic and agile operational decisions enabling the team to win, develop and retain profitable business
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Solid understanding of BT’s Competitor offering across IT Solution
• Strong analytical skills, to include forecasting, pipeline, achievement, P&L details, detailed understanding of customer trading & buying process / cycles and the ability to analyse competitor proposals as and when required.
• Computer literacy and system skills and knowledge are essential
• The ability to work with the minimum of supervision, be part of a team, present a quality image and be willing to work outside core Business hours as and when required.
• A full valid driver’s licence is required