4 months ago
Role eligible for flexible working, including location, remote working and hours.
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customer across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
What do the team do?
The Service Management Service assurance and Financials team provide governance and control for IT/Networks Business continuity, Security, capacity and financial management across Operations.
How will you fit into this?
You would be the lead subject matter expert within service management for aspects of cyber security with a particular focus on managing and mitigating security risks, assessing threats, and prioritising the remediation of vulnerabilities.
You would provide direction from an operational security perspective for the delivery of Projects. .
You will be the security advocate within Service management to provide cross team technical leadership to ensure that teams are aware of their obligations from a Security perspective and provide proactive guidance/coaching and training where necessary.
Some of the more specific responsibilities:
* Assure policies, procedures, standards and best practises are adhered to for day to day operations and projects
* Promote awareness and advice on any new regulatory standards, upstream risks and industry best practices across the teams.
* Chair of the vulnerability forum assuring remediation efforts are coordinated, applied consistently and prioritised
* Management of IT security risks
* Provide subject matter expertise on security
What we need from you:
* Demonstrable experience in security
* Previous experience of working with security frameworks and standards
* Experience of Threat Modelling
* Understanding of Security KPI’s and reporting requirements
* Working knowledge of core infrastructure and security technologies
* Previous experience of implementing security frameworks and standards
* Experience in best practice Technology Risk Management
* Previous experience in the implementation of security automation and operation across a large enterprise
* ISO 27001
* Degree at 2-1 grade r above
* MCSE r equivalent qualification
* ITIL Fundation or greater
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits such as a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.