7 months ago
IT Industrial Placement 0
IT Industrial Placement 0
* Location Swindon, South West England
* £,0 - £,0
* Contract type Fixed Term Contract
* Closing date 0/0/0
* Ref RET0
• Location: Swindon, Head Office
• Salary: £,0 annually, plus performance based bonus and employee benefits
• Fixed Term Contract, full time, working -hours per week
• Send in your application by th February 0 – this date may be brought forward if we receive a large volume of applications
• Start date: Early September 0
We’re looking for undergraduates to join our -year IT Industrial Placement within our IT teams in Architecture, Technical Practice, Security and IT Service Delivery areas.
You’ll be based in the Operations & Delivery (O&D) Community to build society, nationwide by keeping all our systems and processes running smoothly and efficiently for members and colleagues, and designing and developing IT solutions to meet future business needs.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
* Be completing a degree course and returning to university
* Pass the online assessments
It would be nice if you also had:
* Studied for a STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths)
* A keen interest in computer science and information systems
* Drive to learn and improve and are looking for a challenge
* A proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
* A high level of written and verbal communication
* A positive, tenacious and solution focused mindset
What you'll be doing
Our purpose is to accurately define Nationwide’s architecture and assure the integrity of solutions throughout their lifecycle. These solutions need to be aligned with our strategic objectives, be cost-effective and future-proofed.
During your placement in Architecture, your work will be varied, so you’ll need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
We have four domains where you could be placed:
Channel and Integration - Develop solutions that address the challenge of rapid development in consumer devices and effective digital point of sale capability.
Products and Group Functions - Drive strategies and roadmaps for retail banking products, payments, and head office function applications.
Customer and Data - Define and drive information management architectural strategy which is helping to transform our analytical and reporting capabilities. It's also shaping the modernisation of our customer insight and communications.
Infrastructure - Deliver infrastructure simplification, resilience and capability to result in true x support capability and disaster recovery.
You’ll be able to build expert knowledge across multiple technologies, processes and architectures, as well as a broad knowledge of the industry.
Around million members depend on our employees and particularly our Security professionals doing the right thing. We have excellent opportunities for all types of Security specialists to join one of the fastest growing multi-channel brands in financial services.
Every day in Security is different; we will work with you to agree a rewarding placement supporting the following areas - consultancy, IT security, rd party management, data privacy and testing.
IT Service Delivery (ITSD)
ITSD supports the Society's overall digital strategy by delivering x banking to our customers, providing reliable, resilient IT services for our colleagues and ensuring resilience, simplification and automation in all new technology and service improvements.
We ensure that when introducing new technology & service improvements it has resilience, simplification and automation built into its design supported by incident management processes.
We will work with you to agree a rewarding placement supporting the following areas – application support, end user services, infrastructure development, hosting and network services.
Our Testing Service works across all technologies within Nationwide, delivering Test capability to over projects, from different locations. The Service provides a wide and varied chance to learn, grow and quickly get involved in industry leading initiatives taking pace within the society.
The placement provides the opportunity to work with a wide variety of teams and technologies, being involved and learning some of the more technical side of Testing (Test Automation & Performance Testing to name but two) whilst having exposure to Test Management and working with Strategic Partners.
You’ll have a keen eye for detail, be a real problem solver and be ready for the challenge of the steep learning curve you’ll go on, all within welcoming and collaborative team that is the Testing Service
The extras you'll get
To help you meet your potential we’ll:
* Give you a real job from day
* Give you exposure to senior business leaders through mentoring relationships, and their sponsorship of the programme
* Provide -- support from our Emerging Talent Placement Managers throughout your time on the programme
* Get you involved with real business projects with stretching goals
* Increase your business acumen, including commercial and strategic awareness
* Further develop your core skills, such as communication, presentation and influencing
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
* Access to training to help you progress and develop your skills and career
* Pension scheme where if you pay in % we’ll top it up to %
* Life assurance worth x your salary
* Accident cover worth x notional salary
* days’ holiday plus bank holidays
* The ability to ‘buy’ up to 0 days more holiday
* Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
* Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
* Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Why work for us
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
Did you know?
Nationwide is the world's largest building society
We're the best Bank/Building Society to work for in the UK
We want to be st choice for Financial Services by 09
We're a top 0 employer for Women
We've been awarded the Carbon Trust Standard
We’re a living wage employer