7 months ago
The IT Delivery Team Manager is required to line manage, develop and motivate an IT Infrastructure Delivery Team and provide support to Project Managers in driving projects and change forward.
The role holder will be expected to ensure quality standards are met, a delivery focussed approach and a culture of continuous improvement within the team throughout the team.
The team manager will be expected to deal with all aspects of line management and support for their team. This includes coaching/mentoring, personal development, performance and appraisal feedback.
The role holder will be able to measure, control and forecast the flow of work through their team and ensure a high-quality output. They will act as an escalation point for their team members.
Other duties include:
* Regular 1-1 sessions and annual appraisals with all staff
* Maintain staff personal development & training plans
* Foster strong working relationships with other areas in IT and Information Security
* Effectively allocate resource to derive maximum value for the organisation
* Measure staff utilisation and team productivity accurately
* Plan and assist with recruitment to ensure targeted staffing levels are maintained
* Take a proactive role in reviewing processes, tools and technology to ensure optimum performance of their team
* Ensure there is a focus on continuous improvement in the team
* Adherence to Governance processes
This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
Experience and Qualifications Required
* Strong resource management skills, including staff appraisal and performance management
* Excellent time management skills
* Experience of mentoring and coaching
* Demonstrable of conforming to service level/quality agreements
* Experience of adhering to governance and processes
* Ability to influence team members and senior management
* Commercially aware
* Demonstrable experience of team management
* IT technical awareness for example networking, storage, system administration, cloud computing
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Laura Pengilly. If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop her an or give her a call on the Recruitment Line.