3 months ago
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in Software Development in Objective-C using iOS and/or OS X frameworks.
* Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
* Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques.
* Fluency in one or more of the following languages Python, Java and/or C++.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
* Design and implement new user-facing features in Google’s large, complex mobile applications.
* Build the libraries and frameworks that support authentication, copresence and cutting-edge network protocols.
* Optimize mobile applications on the iOS platform.
* Develop prototypes in a fast-paced environment.