9 months ago
Would you like to work with talented and inspiring MBA colleagues in an innovative environment? Then we are the perfect company for you!
The history of the Admiral Group is one of amazing growth with a strong track record of entrepreneurship started by two INSEAD graduates.
Admiral was launched in January 1993 with just one brand, zero customers and 57 members of staff. The company started from scratch and today has a market capitalisation of over £6 billion and is a member of the FTSE 100.
It markets motor insurance direct to individuals in the UK, Spain, Italy, France and the US, and runs a number of insurance comparison websites multi-nationally.
...but we are not all about Insurance! You will find Loans, Sharing Economy and New Products teams that will lead our Group into our next success.
Now the Group has 16 brands (8 outside UK), over 4 million customers and 9000 members of staff worldwide. We are consistently voted among the best places to work in UK and Europe, and are currently ranked number 6 in the Sunday Times 25 best Large Companies to work for.
Job description: International Pricing Manager
There is the opportunity for an exceptional candidate to join the International Pricing Team reporting directly to the International Pricing Director.
This role is very strategic and has the opportunity to make a significant impact on Admiral’s profitability.
The Pricing Team pride themselves on doing what’s right for our valued customers whilst championing some of the fastest growing and most innovative areas of motor insurance.
You’ll help keep the Pricing Team at the top of the pricing game by advising analysts on specific market conditions and establishing best pricing practice throughout Admiral’s international operations.
Reporting to: International Pricing Director
Based in: Cardiff, Wales, (International travel as necessary).
This is a high profile role within the group, suitable for someone with a long term focus on building a career within Admiral.
We ask for:
* Graduate degree in a mathematics, technical, engineering or management field
* >4 years of experience in analytical roles (no insurance or actuarial experience is necessary)
* Fluent English
* Some experience of managing people either directly or in virtual teams will also be advantageous in this role
* Strong organisational and management skills and an ability to prioritise and complete simultaneous projects
* Numerically minded with strong quantitative skills, supported by an academic and work background demonstrating your exceptional abilities and career successes to date
* Strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to blend in with a strong management team and group culture
* Experience working independently as well as within cross-functional teams. Great team player as well as reliable, self driven and customer focused
* Available to travel to different countries from time to time for meetings with local teams
* Personality and a sense of humour (we believe work should be fun)