9 months ago
Pricing has always been a key strength of the company our consistent loss ratio advantage over our competitors’ is evidence of that. The International Pricing Department acts as a taskforce to advise and assist Pricing departments across the group, whether by leading cross-country projects or deep-diving into country-specific challenges.
We are involved in launching new products, implementing new technologies, and researching new data sources. We work with traditional pricing methods as well as in cutting-edge fields like big data and analytics. As the insurance market is rapidly evolving, our team keep looking for innovative ways to improve our pricing practices.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who excels at both analytical and leadership capabilities, to join the International Pricing team in our head office in Cardiff and work directly with senior leadership and country pricing directors.
Pricing is the backbone of our success, and the role of International Pricing Manager (IPM) is designed to give you a chance to develop your analytical and managerial skills while building an understanding of our business across the globe. It is a unique training program for future senior leadership roles.
The role will provide you with an opportunity to work in a position of strategic and operational importance. It also gives you exposure to senior management across the group and allows you to make an impact early in your career.
This is a high-profile role, suitable for someone with a long-term focus on building a career within Admiral. Past examples of this include the CEO of our US Insurance Operation, and the Head of our new Travel Insurance venture in the UK both of whom joined Admiral as IPM’s.
* Identifying new opportunities and leading strategic pricing projects in the UK and overseas.
* Analysing our pricing structures and past performance to improve risk management.
* Assessing the usefulness of external data sources and managing partnerships with data vendors.
* Communicating results and ideas to key decision makers across different group companies.
* Traveling to international operations for short / long stays to work on projects and assist in-country pricing teams.
* Managing and collaborating with a team of international analysts.
Qualifications, skills and experience we are looking for:
* MBA from a top tier business school or equivalent.
* Strong quantitative and analytical skills supported by a solid academic and work background.
* Proactive and creative approach to taking initiative and getting things done.
* Willingness to learn from the bottom up and put in the time to acquire the necessary technical skills.
* Experienced people manager (either directly or in virtual teams).
* Team player with proven ability to collaborate and build relationships across functions and geographies.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
* Candidates must be fluent in English and in at least of one of the following languages; French, Spanish or Italian.