17 days ago
Competitive + Benefits
To ensure the delivery of the International Foods operating plan through the development and execution of a compelling Trade Plan, aligned and engaged trading partners and a motivated team across key International territories.
Scope of the role
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated, ambitious, commercial individual to develop their proven leadership qualities and entrepreneurial flair in the fast-moving International Foods Division. This demanding but rewarding role comes with the autonomy to shape the future, the expectation to develop a commercial leader and the line support to deliver on both.
1. To work with senior internal stakeholders, to develop and execute a Trade Plan that delivers a competitive and compelling M&S food offer for international markets
2. Operate as natural Deputy to Head of Trading, International Foods
3. To optimise the range, price and promotional strategy in conjunction with owned teams & franchise partners
4. Delivery of the International Food operating plan
5. To develop robust relationships with franchise partners & M&S retail team
6. Deliver compelling personal development plans and coaching for 5 direct reports
Key accountabilities and measures
• Sales & profit to Operating Plan
• Deliver “Best M&S” strategy
• Allocation fulfilment %
• Your Say Survey
• Development and execution of a strategic Trade Plan that delivers sales, profit ahead of Op. plan, driving volume, reducing costs in end to end business & delivering differentiation of product and activity in their markets.
• Being an effective Deputy to the Head of Trading, a key shaper of thinking in the Trading leadership team and an active contributor the development of the wider trading team.
• Influence franchise partners in a way that drives an entrepreneurial culture through regular dialogue, territory visits and a can-do attitude to driving a compelling Trade Plan.
• Have confident and competent engagement within the UK Foods Division. Work to ensure a smooth stock flow & balanced stock commitment, the optimisation of NPD and the delivery of reduced COGs through incremental volume.
• Be clear and effective communicator of performance, strategy and market reviews to SLT and FLT levels
• Ensure end pricing in country is appropriate to the market.
• Plan resources to cover promotions, peaks and other events
• Plan & execute delivery of Peak, Post-peak recovery and all other key seasonal events. Provide support to International partners to implement new launches, execute store standards and delivery of specific initiatives.
• Op Plan compilation and Quarterly revisions.
• Develop effective working relationships with franchise & owned business partners and in country teams through regular communication and feedback
• Motivate the team to deliver day to day execution as well as longer term strategic thinking
• Ensure key country trends are optimised through commercial plans
• Undertake performance management for the team and facilitate coaching and development to continually broaden knowledge and skills
• Input into objective setting and succession planning
Key skills Technical Skills:
• Proven track record of having driven sales and profit ahead of targets
• Proven capability to respond to market opportunities with a clear strategic plan
• Management of stock flow & commitment using correct tools
• Probing & analytical skills, numerically confident and proven entrepreneurial thinking
• Customer centric •
Confident communicator to Senior teams
• Experienced in Line managing