about 1 year ago
Would you like to work with talented and inspiring MBA colleagues in an innovative environment? If so, we are the perfect company for you!
The history of the Admiral Group is one of amazing growth with a strong track record of entrepreneurship started by two INSEAD graduates.
Admiral was launched in January 1993 with just one brand, zero customers and 57 members of staff. The company started from scratch and today has a market capitalisation of over £6 billion and is a member of the FTSE 100.
It markets motor insurance direct to individuals in the UK, Spain, Italy, France, and the US, and runs a number of insurance comparison websites multi-nationally.
We are not all about Insurance! You will find Loans, Sharing Economy and New Products teams that will lead our Group into our next success.
Now the Group has 17 brands (9 outside UK), over 4 million customers and 10,000 members of staff worldwide. We are consistently voted among the best places to work in the UK and Europe and are currently ranked number 6 in the Sunday Times 25 best Large Companies to work for.
To pursue our ambitious growth strategy (launching new products, entering new markets…) we are looking for very high entrepreneurial drive people to be part of our International Business Development team.
Working at Admiral Group inside this Team means taking ownership from day one and giving everything for our projects to make a meaningful and sustainable impact. The IBDM team is an international taskforce who has the knowledge, the motivation, and the talent to set up Admiral’s companies worldwide and for this reason, you will be at the forefront of pioneering change and you will need to use your initiative, creation, and leadership to make it happens!
Taking strategy one step further, you will collaborate with Senior Managers across the business and across the Group to provide advisory services that bridge thoughtful strategy, detailed planning, and disciplined execution.
We consider the role as an excellent preparation of highly talented people for a future line leadership role. In fact, the next step from this role could be to take on P&L responsibility within the Group. All the CEOs and some of the most senior international managers in Admiral Group originally entered the company via the same position.
Project scope includes:
* Analysing the organic growth potential of new business ideas (both high level strategic analysis and detailed financial planning)
* Supporting in-country management teams with specific business issues
* Providing leadership to help share best-practice across the group
* Helping evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives
* Assessing new geographies for future business launches
* Exploring new ideas and assessing their potential to become new products/services
* Work with the company's senior executive leadership to understand the key strategic issues facing the business
* Acts independently and in a very entrepreneurial way to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
* Provide as expert resource on strategy development for the business including involvement in various teams to proactively suggest potential projects
* Structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering, and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses, and developing final recommendations.
* Communicate findings to senior management and to the broader organization.
* Drive proposals through to implementation and results
* Work with various stakeholders to take products from ‘test and learn’ into ‘production’
Reporting to: CEOs/Head of BDMs
Based in: Any Location Admiral Group has branches (Cardiff, Paris, Rome, Seville, Madrid, and Richmond) with at least 6 months in our headquarters in Cardiff.
This is a high-profile role within the Group, suitable for someone with a long-term focus on building a career within Admiral. All-round business competency and the ability to get on and communicate with colleagues at all levels and across multiple geographies are the critical success factors for the role.
Beyond that we ask for:
* Very entrepreneurial mindset and have deep interest in developing businesses
* Fluent English, it will be a plus one language among French, Spanish and Italian
* Proven experience working in an advisory role, either in a consulting firm, as an in-house consultant, or in a demonstrably similar setting (project based, financial and strategic analysis, exposure to senior management, etc.)
* Analytical and strategic skills, yet highly pragmatic and results-oriented
* Willingness to roll your sleeves up and learn from the bottom up, including getting on the phones with customers
* Appetite to travel regularly between the Group’s operations
* Ability to blend in with a strong management team and culture
* Personality and a sense of humour (we believe work should be fun!)
* Passion about making things happen!
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Deborah Reeve. If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop her an