Internal Sales Executive (Steel)
From someone starting the business in 1866, our client has provided over 150 years of a hands-on customer service approach, a mindset that sets them apart from their competitors. A leading steel stockholding business, our client has 43 companies within the group employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet.
They strive to develop long-term partnerships. They are progressive, solution focused and work with their customers to help them realise their project’s full potential. They provide a vital link in the supply chain from producer to customer.
Position: Sales Executive (Internal)
Location: Newry, Northern Ireland (Commutable from Rathfriland, Banbridge, Newcastle, Castlewellan, Portadown, Armagh and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Mon to Fri 8.30am to 5.00pm (4.00pm on Fridays)
Salary: £Competitive plus discretionary bonus
About the role:
The internal sales person acts as the first point of contact with the customer delivering a professional and confident customer experience in order to build and maintain an active and profitable customer base.
- Build partnering relationships to understand customer needs and requirements
- Ensure that all quotes are followed up to maximise sales opportunities
- Maintain an agreed level of pro-active telephone contact with both existing and prospective customers
- Maintain customer account details to ensure up to date contact, delivery and unloading information is on file; and they are exceeding their customers’ expectations
- Ensure that they are looking over the fence at the market and competitor trends & ensuring they have that commercial mindset
- A skilled negotiator with experience in a commercial role, preferably within the steel stockholding industry but its not essential
- Good business acumen & can demonstrate commercial success
- The ability to build strong relationships quickly between commercial, planning and operational functions
- Excellent communication skills with a positive proactive attitude & approach
- Works well under pressure, thrives off working to targets and KPI’s
- Good computer skills
How it feels to work for them:
They provide a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation that is respected as the UK’s leading independent steel stockholder. Their people are the driving force behind our client and they seek individuals who are passionate, hard-working, ambitious and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude to help them build and develop the business. Our client encourages innovative thinking and has an open door for people to lead and influence change.
You may have experience of the following: Sales Executive, Internal Sales Executive, Account Manager, Account Executive, Business Development Executive, Business Development, Account Management, Internal Sales Assistant, Customer Service, Relationship Management, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.