Internal Sales Executive
From our client starting the business in 1866, our client has provided over 150 years of a hands-on customer service approach, a mindset that sets them apart from their competitors. A leading steel stock holding business, our client has 43 companies within the group employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet. Their extensive steel processing facilities are world-class, and their expertise and advanced specialist skills have ensured the outstanding success of a diverse range of high-profile projects around the globe.
They strive to develop long-term partnerships. They are progressive, solution focused and work with their customers to help them realise their project's full potential. They provide a vital link in the supply chain from producer to customer.
Position: Sales Executive (Internal)
Location: Reading, Berkshire (Commutable from Bracknell, Farnborough, Basingstoke, Newbury, Maidenhead and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm
Benefits: Our clients Pension, 21 Days holidays + bank holidays, Discretionary Bonus
About the role:
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls, emails and marketing campaigns.
- Build partnering relationships to understand customer needs and requirements.
- Close sales and achieve monthly targets as agreed with your line manager.
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects.
- Maximise processing sales by continually expanding orders and up selling on all incoming and outgoing.
- Ensure that all quotes are followed up within a time frame designated by your manager and that the appropriate people are given feedback in relation to these quotes.
- To maintain customer account details to ensure up to date contact, delivery and unloading information is on file; to provide relevant information to purchasing, accounts, works and transport departments to ensure the company complies with Health & Safety legislation and can exceed their customers' expectations on customer service.
Ideally, you'll have experience in a Sales Executive role. However, you'll will be given the training necessary to carry out your role so if you are at trainee level but demonstrate the right attitude and approach, they want to hear from you!!
- Build strong relationships quickly with a proactive attitude and approach
- Thrives off working to targets and KPI's
- Excellent communication & computer skills
How it feels to work for them:
They provide a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation that is respected as the UK's leading independent steel stockholder. Their people are the driving force behind our client and they seek individuals who are passionate, hard-working, ambitious and demonstrate a 'can-do' attitude to help them build and develop the business.
You may have experience of the following: Sales Executive, Internal Sales Executive, Account Manager, Account Executive, Business Development Executive, Business Development, Account Management, Internal Account Manager, Internal Sales Assistant, Customer Service, Relationship Management, Trainee Sales Executive, etc.