3 months ago
LOCATION: Milton Keynes
JOB TITLE: Internal Sales (Engineering)
SALARY & BENEFITS: ££ Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications, Company pension, 26 days holiday and company bonus scheme.
WORKING HOURS: 36.5 hours per week
THE COMPANY: Harland Simon UPS Limited are a leading independent supplier of Power Protection equipment including UPS, Chargers, Battery Packs, Generators etc, these systems range from standard to complex systems and are supplied to many industries including Defence, Utility, Marine & Transport
THE ROLE: Reporting to the Sales Manager and working within a small focused sales team, we want to recruit someone who will help generate new opportunities within our focus business sectors.
Due to the nature of the products manufactured someone with a technical background would be more suited to the role.
You will be talking to existing and new customers providing first level support, understanding the issues being experienced and then to come up with a suitable solution.
You will then relay this in the form of a quotation, with a certain level of technical detail. You would be responsible for issuing the quotation and then for the following up so being confident on the phone would be beneficial. You will work with sector Sales Managers undertaking specific projects to help with research and generating new sales opportunities. You will need to be able to use computers (Data Base maintaining, producing of reports (excel) and maintaining records).
Key Responsibilities to include: - Internal Technical Sales (Engineering)
• Preparation of technical sales bids, proposals, in a timely fashion
• Provide technical support to customers
• Conducting commercial negotiations
• Liaise with projects team to generate order acceptance documentation
• Consult current production schedule and liaise with production to finalise lead times
• It would be advantageous if you can produce CAD mechanical and electrical drawings but not essential
• Input to marketing databases on competitor activity, pricing, products, etc.
• Communicating with sales staff, customers and suppliers via email, phone, but with the occasional customer visit as required
• Preparation of regular reporting material(excel spreadsheets)
THE CANDIDATE: A technical sales background would be beneficial, you will need to have a positive and outgoing personality with a competent telephone manner and excellent interpersonal skills, and you will also need good computer skills to be able to update databases and spreadsheets.
Experience with working within a similar role from the Defence & or the Industrial Sector would be desirable, in a sales target role for these focus sectors
Product training along with company internal systems would be provided on an ongoing basis.
Key experience beneficial but not mandatory for the role:-Internal Technical Sales
• Experience in a similar role in an Engineering technical projects / sales background is highly desirable
• Educated in an electrical engineering discipline to HNC/ONC level would be beneficial (not essential)
• Experience of dealing with customers from the defence or Industrial sectors would be a distinct advantage (not essential as ongoing product training provided)
• Ability to conduct technical conversations over the phone / face to face (beneficial)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience IT user( MS products)
To apply click the button below
28 days ago
only 8 hours until close
27 days ago
only 1 day until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close
21 days ago
only 7 days until close