4 months ago
Internal Business Development/Account Manager -Skelmersdale WN8
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Our client is the largest distributor of Fluid Power products within the UK and Ireland. Trading since 1983, they are renowned for stocking and sourcing the widest range of Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Industrial products within the industry.
Through their extensive and varied distribution network, they successfully fulfil market demand for fluid power connections across a vast number of end user applications. Their team ships over 80,000 quality products per day delivered on a next day service, a service which is unrivalled in the industry.
Understand the importance of building strong partnerships with both suppliers and customers is key. They work closely with customers to understand evolving industry requirements and with suppliers to uncover the latest manufacturing capabilities and innovations
In a vast industry, with many specialisms and applications, their customers require a varied range of consumables and also specific parts fast. Through their website and printed catalogue, they connect the manufacturer and a wide network of distributors and resellers who then sell to the end user. Their range comprises over 57,000 products within 140 brands, many of which are exclusive to this supplier
Office based, you will be responsible for managing and building relationships with existing trade customers in order to maximise sales. There will be no cold calling. The ideal candidate will have experience of hydraulic, compressed air, plumbing or heating trade environments in either a sales, technical or trade counter role. However, consideration may be given to a candidate with no experience in the fluid power industry but who has exceptional sales and customer service skills.
PC literate, in particular Excel & Outlook
• Well organised - company systems must be used to retain all records
• Good communication skills, including a confident and professional telephone manner
• Comfortable making pro-active outbound calls to customers
Robust attendance record
• Ability to retain and recall information after a period of time
• Self-disciplined with the ability to prioritise
• Ability to work independently and be a team player
• Examples of target focused results (for those from a sales background)
• Previous experience in a customer facing role
• Imaginative, in terms of promotions and offers
• Comfortable with relaying information to a group of people
• Problem solving skills
Salary to reflect experience. Pension scheme, life assurance and profit related bonus after qualifying period. Full training on systems and basic products will be given.
Working hours are 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 5.00pm on Friday. Due to our location, own transport is a necessity.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.