23 days ago
Insurer Relations Manager
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience
Closing Date: Wednesday 12 December 2018
Paymentshield is the leading provider of insurance products to mortgage advisers. Founded in 1992 and based beside the sea in sunny Southport, we have developed five flexible products: Home Insurance, Landlord’s Insurance, IncomeShield, MortgageProtector, Home Buyer’s Protection, all designed around the needs of the customer. We’re proud of the quality and breadth of insurers that our home insurance panel offers, meaning more choice for the customer.
In 2006 we became part of the Towergate Group, the UK’s largest independently owned insurance intermediary, generating £3 billion of pro forma gross written premiums across its companies and employing circa 4,400 people (including 280 strong Paymentshield team) across 100 UK offices.
Towergate is an important distribution channel for a significant range of insurance products and a key strategic partner for the UK’s largest insurers. Towergate’s scale, customer insight and distribution relationships make it a unique business and a leader in the markets in which it operates. Its combination of distribution and underwriting gives it unparalleled consumer data and market insight.
If you’d like to join us, we’d love to hear from you.
To ensure that the company delivers maximum advantage from insurer partners and other providers.
Principal Objectives & Responsibilities
* To manage insurer relationships with regard to current products and new product development adhering to the Insurer Relations Terms of Reference
* Actively monitor and explore new product opportunities provided by existing and other providers; work with all areas of PSL to develop business cases and CBAs to explore new opportunities presented by suppliers
* Manage contracts and contractual relationships with providers within the Towergate Carrier Management GCF, to maximise value to Paymentshield
* Support the Insurer Relations Director with negotiating the provision of products and services from providers, ensuring that these meet customer needs and optimise value to Paymentshield
* Manage internal and external management information exchange ensuring this is accurate, timely and supports PSL growth plans
* Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements
* Work collaboratively with all internal stakeholders to ensure that products are developed and managed effectively and meet customer needs
* Provide advice and support to the Product Development team
* Support Insurer Relations Director as needed
* Manage and develop the Insurer Relations Executive
Key Performance Indicators
* Paymentshield obtains best terms available from most appropriate providers
* Provider selection, management processes and governance are effective and efficient
* Relationships with providers meet Paymentshield business requirements
* New product opportunities are identified
* No regulatory breaches
* Positive relationships maintained with external providers
Essential criteria – must be clearly demonstrated on CV:
* Industry experience, either in Product Development or Business Development
* Sound knowledge and experience of the general insurance market and of product development methods, process and techniques
* Superior communications/presentation skills and be able to deal with people at all levels within and outside the organisation
* Relationship management skills
* Commercial awareness
* Negotiation skills
* ACII qualified
* May have degree or MBA
Please apply online
Paymentshield is part of the Towergate Group and is the leading provider of insurance products to mortgage brokers. Launched in 1997 Towergate is one of the UK’s largest independently owned insurance intermediary, employing circa 4,400 people across 100 UK offices.
Towergate is an important distribution channel for a significant range of insurance products and a key strategic partner for the UK’s largest insurers. Towergate’s scale, customer insight and distribution relationships make it a unique business and a leader in the markets in which it operates. Its combination of distribution and underwriting gives it unparalleled consumer data and market insight.”