4 months ago
Innovation Sales Manager (87747)
: Sales and Client Management
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London
Salary : Competitive + OTC + company car
: Jun 6, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Innovation Sales Manager
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
The BT Strategy & Incubation team sits within an extremely exciting area of the business – BT Ventures.
We are the team known for creating and identifying new commercial opportunities for Ventures. We are responsible for the Concept to Market process across Ventures. Ensuring the process supports all units in developing and launching new products at pace. We also, identify, prioritise and develop the practices and capabilities across Ventures that will provide the platform for productivity.
What you'll be doing
Working closely with the go-to-market, marketing and portfolio sales teams this role will be responsible for identifying and testing channels to market for new propositions. This is a hunter role and will be responsible for self-generating new clients. Building business by exploring, identifying and selling to prospects and maintaining relationships with clients for potential future opportunities.
* Identifying and engaging the right partner / customers and managing the entire cycle to agree a deal
* Designing and developing sales strategy for new products, clear account plans, sales pipelines and maintaining an up to date forecast view
* Manage the establishment of commercial relationships with new business partners including commercial and contractual negotiations
* Helping identify broader commercial opportunities with identified partners beyond initial engagement terms
* Working with internal teams to increase customer satisfaction and quickly and effectively address customer pain points
* Hold a pipeline of sales opportunities and maintain relationships which could be beneficial for future product
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Ability to design and develop a winning sales strategy for new products
* Strong experience in new business sales
* Strong commercial acumen
* Evidence of being a genuine self-starter who will really drive the commercial success of an exciting new product
* Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills to Director level
Why choose us?
At BT, we entertain, educate and empower millions of people every single day. We’re a brand built on connecting people – whether that’s friends, family, businesses or communities. Working here, you’ll be joining an ambitious organisation with a culture of togetherness, collaboration and inclusivity that takes a genuine and proactive interest in your progress and development. Benefits of working for BT include...
Competitive salary and on-target bonus plan, world-class training and development opportunities, 25 days’ annual leave + you can buy or sell 5 days, discounted broadband, mobile and TV packages, company car, share option and pension scheme programmes, automatic enrolment into our ‘Sales as Profession’ community, + many flexible benefits to choose from.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.