5 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customer across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
What do the team do?
Well, the world of technology continues to march on. And here in Marketing, we`re with our customers every step of the way. It`s not just about keeping the O2 brand fresh and approachable. It`s about guiding people through an increasingly complex digital world to ensure they can Be More with whatever devices they choose to use. That`s why we`ve created a global structure that thinks big and bold. Looks to the future. And, above all, looks to build long-lasting emotional connections with our customers.
How will you fit into this?
As the Innovation Manager, you will be responsible for developing, defining and launching initiatives in a regulated market to support the Customer Marketing 3-year plan.
Some of the more specific responsibilities:
* Support the Innovation Lead to develop and define propositions based on Customer Insights, Market Demand/Opportunity and IT/technical capabilities
* Determine the optimum propositions and pricing for our Customer Marketing plans
* Contribute to the achievement of the P&L objectives.
* Support obtaining agreement of demand from governance boards and stakeholders
* Work with cross-functional stakeholders to formulate business cases and drive the delivery team to deliver maximum efficient within tight CapEx envelope
* Lead the E2E coordination and implementation of those plans from technical build to go-to-market
* Responsible for any in-life, enhancement and optimisation
* Balance the need to underpin O2’s customer value credentials whilst seeking to maximise the monetisation potential for any investment
What we need from you:
* Education to degree level in a relevant subject, or equivalent, coupled with proven consumer marketing experience from a comparable competitive industry
* Understanding of industry regulations- able to interpret for opportunities
* Team orientation and people management skills to lead large cross-functional teams across the wider business in addition to obtaining buy-in to, and delivery against, strategic plans
* Excellent decision making skills and the ability to take informed risks
* Excellent financial and commercial awareness and have a successful track record in delivering results and managing costs
* Innovative thinking and understanding of end-to-end proposition development (people, processes, systems)
* Confidence to keep pushing ideas through at a senior level
* Creative thinker, but also capable of grounding strategies into reality and making them "deliverable”
* Experience of being able to balance commercial needs with what customers want and spotting opportunities to increase revenue growth
* Must have the ability to interpret customer research from internal and external sources
* First rate communication/negotiation/relationship-building skills
* Calm under pressure, with the ability to act decisively even in cases of significant uncertainty
* Happy presenting at governance board level as well as to store and customer service advisors
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits such as a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.