10 months ago
Although traditionally thought of as a car insurance company, we have recently moved into other products, including Loans.
As one of our newest departments, Admiral Financial Services is an exciting place to be with a start-up mentality and the backing of a large FTSE 100 company. Loans fits well with our existing business as there are many synergies with our core insurance model and we benefit from already having a strong brand within financial services.
We're a responsible lender, who always aims to ensure our loans are suitable for our customers and that our borrowing process is straight forward. Some of the loans we offer are home improvement loans, debt consolidation loans, car loans and personal loans. All our loans are unsecured.
Joining us at this early stage gives you the fantastic opportunity to grow this new venture with us and to be part of its future success.
We are now looking for an Information Security Manager to join our Security department and support Admiral Financial Services as they continue to grow and expand.
The Information Security Manager will possess the energy and enthusiasm to create a robust technology environment that reduces the information security risk within the business. Coming from a technical background, you will be comfortable conversing with the technology leads within the business and providing hands on support where needed. In addition, by being comfortable with a threat led approach, you will have the ability to articulate security principles in a way that engages the business with understanding what needs to be considered and why.
This is an opportunity to drive information security in a dynamic and ambitious part of a FTSE 100 company.
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in cloud security requirements and be prepared to engage in new projects covering both product and business services.
* Provide timely information security consultancy to the business and projects
* Support security risk assessments / management and remediation tracking
* Contribute to cross-functional collaboration with the wider Information Security teams
* Support in the management of security programmes occurring within the Group
* Support key stakeholders with information security guidance
* Analyse potential cyber threats and provide clear communications
* Challenge the status quo to drive positive security outcomes
* Support compliance with all information security aspects of regulatory standards
* Review architectural designs for application and infrastructure projects
* Provide advice and guidance on security design best practice
* Support vulnerability management of the network / technology landscape – reviewing the results of vulnerability scans, prioritising the vulnerabilities found and ensuring that high priority vulnerabilities are closed
Skills & Experience Required
* Good knowledge of web-based technologies
* Familiarity with cloud computing
* Knowledge and experience in the principle security domains (e.g. architecture, logging & monitoring, security operations, risk management, etc.)
* A strong understanding of application and infrastructure security
* Knowledge of information security exploits and threats
* Solid experience in performing IT Security solution design reviews and providing best practice advice to all levels
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to assimilate information quickly, clearly identify key issues and present information concisely
* The ability to learn and develop your skills and understanding across a broad range of topics
* Ability to develop and maintain a network of contacts across the business
* Ability to independently manage work load effectively
* Degree level qualification in a related discipline (i.e. Security, Computing, Information Systems) or equivalent work experience in a large organisation
Why work in Wales?
The Admiral Group employs more than 10,000 people across eight countries. That said, we’ve kept the bulk of our operation in the country it all started in, Wales, with impressive offices in Swansea, Cardiff and Newport.
We have a great work culture and work-life balance, and our employees pride themselves in working in some of the best cities in the UK. In a short drive you can be in the Brecon Beacons, or the pristine beaches of the Gower. Also, if you want a weekend away, we’re not far from Bristol and London! As for the capital city, Cardiff, there’s more green space per capita in the centre than any other city in the UK.
Whilst the capital city is much smaller than London, it is home to some of the biggest events in the Principality Stadium, in addition to all the local events that are happening every week (i.e. food festivals, ice hockey, sports clubs etc.). Employees who join Admiral from all over the UK, and oversees, are amazed at how much there is to do in Cardiff, and are pleasantly surprised in the reduction in the cost of living!
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click “apply now” to complete an online application form.
The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Jessica Sutton. If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to drop her an or give her a call on the Recruitment line. Please note, we are unable to accept CVs via email.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We understand that a good work life balance is important, and we want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this. We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask your Recruitment Officer, Jessica Sutton, for more information.