6 months ago
HR Consultant – 12 Months FTC – Carlton Park
HR Consultant – 12 Months FTC – Carlton Park
North West England
Give it your all in a role that will support your growth
We have an exciting opportunity for a HR Consultant to join our team.
As an HR Consultant you will provide expert advice and support on a diverse range of employment cases including; Stage 3 (i.e. potential dismissal) Disciplinaries and Performance Management, complex Grievances, Whistleblowing, long term sickness absence, financial management and Group Income Protection claims.
You will work closely with a range of business areas across Santander UK to provide advice and end to end case management to both line managers and employees. The role holder will also share Management Information with the business to highlight key trends and feedback. The role will be primarily based in Leicester but there will also be a requirement to occasionally travel to other UK sites to attend meetings and/or training courses.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As an HR Consultant your main responsibilities will be
* Manage a busy caseload through to successful conclusion in line with agreed SLAs
* Work closely with the Senior Employment Consultants to identify and escalate cases which may become more complex or result in employment tribunal claims
* Provide timely remote expert advice to line managers, employees and HR
* colleagues on the application and interpretation of a wide spectrum of HR Policies;
* Work with other Areas of Expertise (AoEs) e.g. HR Policy Team, look at ways to further develop ER processes, and highlight best practice.
* Coach and up skill line managers to effectively manage employment relations cases across the business.
* Collaborate with the team to share knowledge and best practice.
* Build strong relationships with the Unions and actively encourages an environment of openness and trust
Minimum skills and experience required
* Thorough understanding of Santander UK HR policy and processes
* Excellent knowledge of employment law and its practical application in the
* Ability to manage high workloads and conflicting priorities
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal – ability to convey information in an articulate, appropriate and convincing way
* Demonstrable track record of influencing, managing conflict and gaining credibility with stakeholders across all levels of the organization
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be working in our Carlton Park offices just outside of Leicester city centre in Narborough. With a restaurant, coffee shop, Santander branch and free parking on site, well known childcare facility and gym nearby, it offers something for everyone.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.