about 1 year ago
Hotel – General Manager
£35,000 - £40,000 Depending on Experience
About the role
We are looking for a General Manager to be responsible for the day-to-day management of a hotel and its staff. The role has commercial accountability for planning, organizing and directing all hotel services, including front-of-house (reception, reservation), dining room and housekeeping.
The candidate will be a natural leader who leads by example and is ‘hands on’ in their approach, being very front of house, visible and known to the guests every week.
* The candidate would be expected to do a minimum of 48 hours per week, normally on split shifts (to be about at key operational times) 6 days per week.
* The GM should be systems savvy, at a minimum being adept with Microsoft Office and front office systems
* Manage the business to the cost budget set, understanding costs and being able to proactively rectify problems by being able to interrogate stock take and invoice information.
* Ultimately somebody who regards the hotel as ‘their own business’, the candidate has great autonomy in this respect and is expected to set their own capital and improvements budgets as well on a yearly basis, once agreed with the Directors.
* Planning and organizing accommodation, catering and other hotel services;
* Promoting the business;
* Managing budgets, capital expenditure and staff holidays.
* Maintaining statistical and financial records;
* Achieving profit targets;
* Recruiting, training and monitoring staff;
* Planning work schedules and staff rota’s;
* Meeting and greeting customers on arrival at the hotels;
* Dealing with customer complaints and comments;
* Addressing problems and troubleshooting;
* Ensuring events and groups run smoothly;
* Supervising maintenance, supplies and furnishings;
* Dealing with contractors and suppliers in conjunction with the group buyer;
* Ensuring security is effective;
* Carrying out inspections of the hotel and services;
* Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations are maintained.
* Ensuring internal compliance with company policies as set out within the policy documents.
* Any other duties required to ensure the delivery of the above.
Temporary accommodation can be provided initially if required, there are 28day’s holidays plus the perks one would expect in a hotel GM role. If you feel this is the role for you then please today!