4 months ago
Home Claims Consultant
Home Based Other
Home Based Scotland
Home Based Outer London
Home Based Central London
We’re transforming. Be a part of it.
At Aviva, we’re transforming our Property Claims operating model, building the best property team in the market. Now you can develop your career in a dynamic, digital and caring culture where we value professional property and insurance skills, underpinned with emotion towards our customers.
Our aim is to positively impact the property and insurance areas of the business, whilst providing customers and communities with an experience they will remember.
As part of our agenda, we have a fantastic opportunity for property and insurance professionals to become a Home Claims Consultant for one of the most respected names in the business.
Purpose of the role
Our transformation allows us to focus our expertise and knowledge where we can positively impact our customers the most.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing a customer focused and cost-effective service by managing claims from instruction to completion; undertaking (domestic and commercial) field (physical) and desk (virtual) property claims of all types.
Your role will involve actively thinking on your feet to validate and quantify property claims in line with property cover, including providing reports and estimations for insurance-related repairs and other consequential losses.
With a good balance of empathy and commercial acumen, you will also have the knowledge to clearly and effectively communicate and build rapport with our customers; meeting their needs through your expertise and integrity.
As a Claims Consultant you will be required to be fully mobile across the UK. The role will also involve flexible working which may include evenings and weekends.
What will you do in this role?
* You will validate, quantify, project manage and settle all types of property claims (mostly within the value band of £25,000 - £250,000) in line with policy cover, utilising menu of service suppliers
* Provide reports and estimations for insurance related repairs using current claims scoping and management software
* Carry out field (physical) and desk (virtual) assessments
* Update customers regularly to ensure they are clear on who is handling the claim
* Manage contents and alternative accommodation claims
* Provide industry leading customer care in accordance with Aviva values
* Identify and flag fraud and recoveries
* Identify and report market, legal and technical trends and developments
* Manage work in progress and update claims systems and digital hubs to lead workflow and maintain a real-time view for customers
* Demonstrate effective cost management, evidenced by control of indemnity within policy principles and standards
* Support major incidents out of area
* Work as part of a team and liaise with internal stakeholders daily
What skills and experience do you need?
* Knowledge of the insurance industry related to home and commercial property
* Property construction understanding, with experience of working on occupied property & premises
* Technical knowledge and experience of buildings; adopting current standard methodologies and buildings pathology
* Systems thinking approach to acting on waste in the system and promoting value
* Awareness of flood/escape of water/fire damage management techniques and principles
* Knowledge of health and safety regulations and other relevant legislation – including Asbestos regulations and equipment access restrictions
* Experience of working in a customer focused environment, meeting customer needs through expertise and integrity
* Commercial awareness and appreciation of economic environment
* IT literate and ability to learn new technology
* Self motivated attitude towards knowledge-based growth
* Working knowledge of Aviva insurance policy wordings and ability to apply current claim philosophies and standards (desired)
* CILA, CII or BDMA accreditation (required)
* HNC/HND or similar Surveying Qualification (preferred)
* Accreditation to CIOB, RICS (desirable)
What will you get for this role?
* Starting salary of £36,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
* You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Hannah Mendez in the Resourcing team onand Hannah.email@example.com .
Posted 3 Days Ago
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.