We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering great customer service and someone who thrives within a sales and service environment. As a Hire Desk Controller you are the central point of contact to our HSS customers who call into the HSS implant on a daily basis. They might want to place an order to hire one of our machines or maybe they will have a query about an existing hire. We will also look to you to find opportunities from each call trying to go beyond the customers’ needs. The role of the Hire Desk Controller is vitally important and is really busy and varied - you are at the forefront of the business and for this reason; we need someone who is sociable, has very strong customer service skills with some experience of sales/ working in a call centre environment. You also need to be able to multi-task, have confident computer skills and be organised.
• Successfully convert hire enquiries into hire orders and achieve above minimum process to maximise revenue targets.
• Use the in house system interactively to take orders ensuring that availability is checked first.
• Using your product knowledge, you will provide the customer with the best option for hire.
• Deal with customer enquiries in a professional and polite manner
• Ensure the accuracy of orders entered onto the E-result system to minimize disputes with customers and potential credit notes, ensuring all relevant paperwork is received by supplying depot.
• Build strong and helpful relationships with colleagues in other depots/departments
• Co-ordinate with the local depot transport coordinator to fulfil customer requirements.
The ideal candidate will have: -
• Previous experience in a telephone based customer service and/or sales role
• Excellent Telephone MannerPrevious experience of working in a call centre environment is desirable
• Good organisational skills with the ability to multi task and prioritise deadlines
• Good knowledge of MS Office including Word and Excel
In return you will receive:
• A Competitive Salary
• Free Parking
• Health Cash Plan
• Childcare vouchers
• Pension capped at 5%
• 25 days holiday
Part of the Loxam Group, Nationwide Platforms is the UK’s largest powered access specialist with a fleet of 10,500 machines operating from a network of 26 depots. With a workforce of more than 900 employees and 25 years’ experience in working at height, it has unprecedented knowledge on the widest range of access platforms as well as expertise on specific product, site and working at height challenges.