6 months ago
Head of Sales Contact Centre / Senior Operations Manager
Salary: Highly Competitive, Bonus & Company Car / Cash Allowance
Full Time, permanent position
Closing date: 3rd March
This is the job
As a Head of Contact Centre / Senior Operations Manager, you will be accountable and responsible for leading and delivering standards of consistency for a Sales, Retention or Service function covering all products/services through multiple channels.
The primary accountability is to lead a Sales, Retention or Service function to develop and deliver a commercial strategy that is aligned to the overall AA business strategy, whilst leading the teams to deliver world-class sales and retention customer service that is aligned to operational targets.
The role has the responsibility to lead the function to achieve the commercial budget(s) and to optimise revenue and gross margin in accordance with regulatory standards.
Create and implement a high performing culture with industry leading approaches to develop a highly engaged workforce
The role is responsible and accountable for the achievement of business-critical targets including productivity, the right quality outputs whilst delivering a high level of customer service that adheres to compliance regulations.
To design and implement the customer and people agenda for their functional area which aligns to the wider site strategy
To interface with the wider group functions to develop relationships and influence any operational decisions that align to our operational culture
What will I be doing?
* Lead the function to deliver world-class customer service in the Sales, Retention and Service areas
* Oversee and be accountable for the teams to achieve the sales, service, commercial and operational targets for the function
* Lead the team to implement the functional operational strategy (s) to achieve the agreed commercial performance and quality of service standards of customer service and compliance
* Adhere to and deliver operational results in line with regulatory requirements and be an advocate for delivering compliant customer outcomes
* Implement initiatives and interventions to develop best practice techniques and improve and increase operational performance
* Accurately report timely management information (MI) for regulated activities including Risk, Financial, Customer, Product and People
* Ensure the development and implementation of the forecast and plan for operational resources to achieve the agreed standards of service (Answer Time, Handling Time, Abandon Rate) and minimise the cost
* Support the planning and management of the operational resources (people, finances, physical assets) for the functional area to maximise revenue and minimise the cost to serve, and achieve agreed quality of service and compliance standards
* Engage group stakeholders and cross functional teams in operational performance by regularly presenting results and operational performance
* Promote best practice for implementing new and innovative ways of working and thinking to take the function forward
* Identify potential problems but takes the accountability to implement solutions
* Plan, train and initiate development activities to ensure the functions management teams are efficient and effective to lead and motivate the people in a multi-skilled environment.
* Develop the culture that focuses on the customer experience and a culture that is agile to change and that is supportive of the company’s values and behaviours
* Act as a champion of this customer centric function, ensuring to act as a lead and role model in every customer transaction that is aligned to commercial requirements, the customer proposition and the company values
* Lead and develop a culture of coaching and performance, to achieve high performance that breeds a culture of continuous improvement
* To lead the continuous improvement of skills, competencies and performance, to maximise the potential and deliverables of the team in a constantly changing environment
What do I need?
Educated to Degree Standard or professional equivalent
* Proven leadership and success in sales and customer service function
* High level of numeracy and literacy skills
* Good analytical skills -Management Information (MI)
* Good commercial acumen
* Results driven
* Logical thinker
* Operational decision making
* High attention to detail
* Excellent people management skills ideally attained in a sales/service environment
* Excellent motivational skills with the ability to inspire/coach others
* Team player – builds strong networks
* Good interpersonal skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Customer focused
* Excellent Stakeholder management and presentation skills
* Good interpersonal skills – seen as a ‘People Person’
* Delivers good internal customer service
* Solution mindset
* Influencing upwards
What's in it for me?
* Highly competitive salary
* Company Car / Car Allowance
* Up to 20% performance related bonus
* Free parking
* 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays added to your leave entitlement
* Through our lifestyle scheme you’ll have access to discounted shopping vouchers, days out, holidays etc…
* Emerging Talent development programme
* Free AA membership after 12 months
* A share save scheme