9 months ago
Job Title: Head of Sales (business in incubation)
Location: Hammersmith and White City, London
Blenheim Chalcot is the UK’s leading digital venture builder. We build tech start-ups that are geared to disrupt and transform sectors. We invest more than just funds, we invest our knowledge and experience, our ideas and our infrastructure.
Our ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries covering FinTech, EdTech, Media, Sport, Charity and more. You may have heard of some of our growing businesses such as ClearScore, Agilisys, Instrumental, Hive Learning and the Rajasthan Royals.
Our portfolio represents sales of over £300 million, £850 million of assets under management, more than 3,000 employees and a successful track record of over 40 companies. We currently have a portfolio of 20 companies varying in stage from seed to venture to growth, based in our offices across London, Nottingham, New York and Mumbai.
IMPACT BEYOND PROFIT
Building profitable digital businesses isn’t our sole focus. We are also involved in a range of charitable activities – with colleagues engaged in mental health initiatives, the education of girls in the developing world, building 21st century youth facilities in deprived areas, and supporting charities with the use of digital technologies.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
THE CONTEXT FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
Over time we’re going to build a market beating business. A Data first, modular sales organisation. We’re going to build this organisation as part of the Blenheim Chalcot portfolio.
The new business will deliver full sales solutions for businesses, these will include Recruitment, Training, Marketing, Sales and all the system implementation needed to help organisations deliver a step change in growth. Clearly we can’t build all of this at once, so where will we start?
Over the first 12 months we want to be doing three things concurrently.
1. Build and Lead a team of Inside Sales consultants unlike any other
2. Build the processes, implement the systems and deliver the training that enables the sales team to be market beating
3. Win and deliver work for our customers.
We are uniquely positioned to be able to do things in line with customer needs, meaning we’re building a team in response to a project win or build a product knowing we’ve got the first few customers on board before we invest in development.
Over the first 12 months you’ll be working on a range of projects with a range of customers, you’ll need to demonstrate (often) all of the below skills (if you feel weak on one then don’t be disheartened)
* Not leadership by numbers, true leadership, winning hearts and minds and quickly operationalising strategies, effecting change and building new behaviours
* Operational rigour
* Implementing, managing and training around processes, systems and reporting are all key ingredients to successful commercial operations, you need to love this side of the work.
* World class CRM use
* The difference between World-Class and Market Dominating is having a CRM that supports and enables the team to be successful. Living and breathing the systems we use as much as why we use them are key to this role being successful
* People, People, People
* The one ingredient that trumps all other. You must be someone who loves and is fascinated by all people. Influence, persuasion, listening, questioning are all your most powerful weapons.
* You’ll need to be or become adept at interviewing, hiring, training and every other people related opportunity there is.
We’re looking for people to join the team that are commercial at their core. People who see new restaurants open and wonder what their break-even point is. People that wonder what efficiencies Mcdonalds has managed to achieve by digitising in-store ordering. People who see outcomes and wonder what the process was that got them there.
The ideal candidate will have Inside Sales Management experience, this is likely to have stretched over multiple roles. This person will have worked in Sales, in front line sales roles before this.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
* Will have learned all about Sales by doing it.
* Love people, enjoy interactions and thrive in an environment that changes every day
* Have significant line management experience.
* Be desperate to work in a role where they get out what they put in.
* Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success;
* Be comfortable in a fluid, progressive and dynamic, change orientated environment.
* Will have a proactive and confident approach;
* Will have excellent communication and organisation skills;
* Dynamic, insightful and influential with the ability to operate at strategic and operational levels.
Individuals seeking employment at Blenheim Chalcot must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.