6 months ago
Head of Retail Product Pricing (109333)
: Commercial management
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London
Salary : 0
: Aug 14, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
This role leads the Retail Product Pricing team, creating pricing policies and frameworks for products and propositions across the breadth of the Retail business – across SME, Corporate and MaPS sales segments. Pricing is a key commercial lever for BT’s Retail business and sales segments, so this role is key in influencing the commercial performance of the Retail businesses.
What you'll be doing
* Applies specialist technical expertise to ensure consistent, successful and rigorous implementation of propositions and pricing plans, ensuring alignment to broader business function goals – specifically, develops pricing strategy, policy and frameworks for Retail business, to enable quick and effective decision in response to market. Includes back book pricing.
* Develops pricing frameworks, policies and strategy for the breadth of products and propositions across the Retail business.
* Instigates and leads on transformational propositions and pricing projects to deliver on plans and realise growth for BT based on customer insight.
* Develops and quality assures the commercial models which underpin pricing inputs into Retail Deals to ensure the recommended deal price drives P&L and is profitable over the lifetime of the contracts
* Ensures cost models developed to underpin Retail Deals are fit for purpose, working with functional leads i.e. Service, technology to build the models
* Shares knowledge and thought leadership to advance team’s thinking and incorporate best practices into ways of working (by drafting white papers, delivering presentations, etc.) – specifically, thought leadership in this role is bringing together different permutations from across the broad Retail businesses to create standard and consistent, yet suitably flexible, pricing frameworks.
* Establishes a network to represent the brand, products and/or services to internal and external stakeholders at various forums (i.e., conferences) and gather insight to inform business function propositions and pricing strategy.
* Setting up team/ skills to deliver usage modelling capability for Retail segments
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Proven experience in commercial leadership (product, proposition, commercial management, financial management) in a business with ~£4.5bn revenues.
* Broad and deep understanding of the B2B Retail product and proposition portfolio and the commercial performance of the portfolio.
* Knowledge of the Retail market, customers and competitors, across several segments (from small to large corporate customers and the public sector).
* Awareness of Legal/ Regulatory landscape governing telecomm industry/ businesses