6 months ago
Newcastle upon Tyne
One of our Central Support Offices is based in Newcastle upon Tyne and is a bustling hub of Parkdean Resorts. This exciting place to work houses all the essential supporting functions for our 71 award-winning holiday parks.
This modern office has a great feel, a mix of energetic knowledgeable professionals all working as one unified team to achieve Parkdean Resorts objectives. Based near the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne, it has great transport links.
Head of Financial Shared Services - 6month FTC
Are you an inspirational leader and can drive employee engagement towards product excellence? Have you developed a Finance Shared Service Function to create a centre of excellence for finance services with exceptional levels of customer service? Have you the passion to work for a business that Creates Amazing Memories?
Parkdean Resorts are recruiting a Head of Financial Shared Services to develop, lead and manage a centre of excellence servicing our £450M turnover business with 71 award-winning holiday parks throughout the UK.
Reporting into the Director of Finance, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team of five direct reports in Inventory, Accounts Receivable, Treasury, Accounts Payable & Payroll based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Developing performance and results indicators to drive and monitor team output to the highest levels
* Managing a team of five direct reports including fortnightly 1-2-1, monthly team meetings, three times per annum personal impact reviews and succession planning
* Engineering process improvements to drive increased effectiveness and efficiency as part of finance’s overall goal of delivering two day management accounts and live performance reporting
* Ensuring all processes are documented in an online accounting manual and have been signed off for legal, regulatory and tax compliance
* Delivering 100% completeness of monthly balance sheet reconciliations for areas under control and an agreed proportion of supplier statement reconciliations
* Partnering with IT, finance systems and other areas of the business to develop seamless and automated processes over the next 2-3 years
* Developing a training framework for team members and a training framework for end users of the processes and systems
* Developing a Finance Business Partner Relationship with one of the Directors within the business
* Managing the budget for the service centre
* Being an influential member of the Finance Executive Team to drive continual improvements within and outwardly market the Finance Team
* Developing and then delivering (when necessary) a plan for embedding bolt on acquisitions of single or small groups of holiday parks within the service centre
* Monthly formal reporting to the Director of Finance on progress within the team and continuous updates of issues as they arise
The successful candidate will:
* Be a qualified accountant with a number of years in PQE preferably industry – ideally in leisure or hospitality
* Be experienced in managing a complex finance function
* Have significant IT and accounting system experience particularly in the automation of processes
* Have experience driving process improvements and improving service level agreements
* Have significant experience in leadership and management.
*Please note this is a 6 month fixed term contract*
* £65,000 - £85,000 (depending on skills and experience)
* Discretionary bonus packages
* Fantastic team environment
* 25% discount on holidays for yourself, friends and family
* Stand-by breaks available at a discounted rate