9 months ago
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Technology/online industry experience; experience with online products and/or online marketing.
* MBA, Master's degree or professional qualification in a relevant field.
* Commercial business partnering experience in technology, advertising or media industries.
* Ability to adapt and excel in a constantly evolving environment.
* Demonstrated success in planning and managing at both the strategic and operational level.
* Demonstrated leadership, influencing and communication skills; ability to create and foster cross-functional networks and manage without authority.
* Analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment.
About the job
Business Finance provides financial and analytical support and advice to Google’s Global Business Organization. Our work is integral to the operations and strategy of the commercial teams across all our advertising products. From understanding market and usage trends to exploring the productivity and return of our various investments, the Business Finance organization is an important partner and independent advisor to the commercial leaders in our company. Business Finance leaders ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions.
As Head of Finance and Strategy, you'll be responsible for providing financial support to the wider video business. You'll partner closely with Video leads across EMEA from Sales, to Marketing, to content partnerships and strategy. You will need to work cross-functionally and provide analysis and insight to help guide the over the medium and long term in relation to market opportunities and potential threats. Ultimately, you will help shape business direction and influence execution by working with leaders across YouTube and Video.
As an experienced finance leader, you are commercially astute and analytically adept, to help drive and develop the performance and strategy of the growing Video business. You are able to balance multiple projects at a time and are focused on the detail while finding creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
* Provide thoughtful leadership and influence executive level decision making through deep analytical insight into core business decisions such as prioritization of business opportunities.
* Structure and communicate business issues to advise and challenge the YouTube and Video leadership team; contribute as a member of the leadership team on matters beyond Finance.
* Build a strong network across sales, finance and product leadership, as well as a team of analysts across sales, operations and finance to take on a wide range of analytical and operational questions.
* Leverage Google’s big data to drive scalable analysis of business growth drivers and trends; Craft and present quantitative analyses to translate data into actionable insights.
* Serve as a steward for Google's overall and long-term interests, including making resourcing recommendations to drive productivity gains.