4 months ago
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance, Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and your career.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Customer Advocacy to join our Insurance Operation in Kent.
You will be influencing and developing customer journeys within the insurance division that are consistent with the brand and will support and guide the senior management team in respect of building customer centricity. The role holder will be accountable for the operational performance of the complaint handling teams within the Sales, Customer Service and Claims disciplines to ensure that complaints, a key moment of truth, are handled in line with the vision and values as well as regulatory guidelines. A dynamic leader, you will be the customer champion and advocate and will use insight to deliver the best possible outcomes for customers and the organization across all communication platforms.
You’ll bring strong leadership with the ability to challenge and empower your team to deliver exceptional performance in an environment that keeps pace of our customer’s needs, regulatory changes and developing technologies.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concession for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading….
* Responsible for the operational performance of the complaint handling teams for SSL & CHMC in line with the vision, values and regulatory requirements
* Embed a culture of customer advocacy, support and a determination to use insight to deliver the best possible customer outcomes
* Instil customer centricity - a shared passion for delivering an incredible customer experience at every touch point
* Empower the team to challenge each other and the business to do the right thing
* Working with the Senior Leadership team specifically within the Insurance Divisions to constantly review the customer online and offline journeys to identify improvement opportunities incorporating supplier and business partner processes where appropriate
* Own the Vulnerable Customer process and policy and drive the right outcomes for each stage of the customer journey
* Act as the voice of the customer in the organisation in relation to customer journeys, system and product developments.
* Develop and maintain principles for how we will ‘speak’ to customers (style and quality of responses in any channel) and ensure these are embedded to deliver a complaint handling and resolution approach we can be proud of
* Recognise value of complaints and drive benefit and improvement through focused, proactive root cause analysis and insight
* Bring conviction and energy to delivering actions that will deliver customer excellence whilst removing complexity and cost
* Build external relationships to ensure we continuously challenge ourselves in terms of best practice and regulatory approach and become an ambassador for customers inside and outside of the business
* Shape the efforts of people across the organisation towards a shared and consistent vision towards customer handling
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Broad understanding of the Saga world, businesses and technologies with a strong operational understanding
* Highly motivated with an outstanding delivery record and speed of execution
* Strong stakeholder management experience
* Ideally have a solid grounding in insurance principles, insurance practice and claims handling procedures and processes
* Developed understanding of the principles of insurance, with previous experience of working in the insurance industry and FCA requirements
Education and Qualifications:
* Degree or relevant alternative - would consider relevant business experience for non- degree candidates
* Passionate about customers and instils a customer centric methodology throughout the organisation
* Resolution focused - consistently challenges and raises the bar on business and employee performance
* Articulate, open and honest with a drive to deliver the right outcome for customer whilst balancing regulatory and commercial requirements
* Strong leader with ability to challenge and empower team to deliver at required level
* Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills – strong written skills are a must
* Personal flexibility, a hands-on approach and strong people skills must come naturally
* Analytically strong with ability to challenge and think outside of the box
* Innovative, creative and promotes an environment for change and continuous improvement – identifies need for change and drives it to conclusion
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
* Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
* Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
* AXA Be Supported
* Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
* Free fruit
* Give as you earn
* Free eye tests
* Honeymoon benefit
* Salary finance
* Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
* A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
* Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.