We're looking for a Head of Business Development to join an established and growing education services provider in Greater London. This is a senior management role with an element of active selling based in West London, Greater London (though it will require travel across the UK).
Our client is a national provider of supplementary and alternative education specialising in tuition and educational consultancy and management services for councils, schools and private families across the country. Their mission is to help people reach their potential regardless of background, age or ability.
As they have recently been acquired by a larger organisation, they have exciting times ahead with lots of potential growth and opportunity. Therefore they created this brand new role, to help with driving the business forward by taking charge of the commercial aspect of the company.
The new Head of Business Development will be responsible for generating and seeking out new business opportunities based on client requirements and market trends in both private and public sectors. This will involve an acute sense of market dynamics and government education policies, funding streams and the competitive landscape.
Responsibilities will include:
* Creating strong relationships with key client stakeholders at both senior and mid management levels
* Developing, negotiating and securing new business from large clients (B2B) in both private and public sectors
* Creating and implementing competitive and innovative sales plan in line with company strategy which to deliver on revenue and profit targets.
* Developing clear business cases for new business opportunities including cost-benefit analysis to facilitate company decision making
* Developing compelling service propositions for new education solutions based on client requirements and writing requirement briefs when needed for internal development and delivery teams
* Establish sales targets, regularly managing, supporting and motivating team to achieve them
* Reporting & analytics: Analyse sales pipeline and lead data, deliver periodic reporting to sales and management team providing key insights. Typical reporting to relate to lead generation, sales calls, pipeline forecast and trends, conversions, and targeting priorities in line with sales and marketing plan.
The ideal Head of Business Development will have:
The successful Head of Business Development candidate will receive