3 months ago
Group Protection Technical team manager
We have an exciting opportunity within Group Protection Administration in Eastleigh for a D grade Technical Team Leader to lead a team of between 9 and 12 people.
The role should appeal to individuals who have a proven background of leading people to consistently achieve results in a customer service environment, whilst acting as a technical reference point in the business and supporting other leaders. You should be an expert working in a systems thinking culture.
* Spend time in the work with your team, understand the nature of the demand hitting the system, how the system works and take appropriate action on the system
* Develop and support your team to enable them to improve their knowledge, remove waste, whilst encouraging them to pull support where necessary
* Creates and drives new customer measures. Ensure team measures drive the right customer value behaviours
* Ensure your department have the right level of versatility to cover all demands coming into the business and the work is balanced
* Lead changes/improvements with area and constructively challenge others suggestions
* Add value to the organisation by considering value for customers and shareholders through balanced decisions
* Our core values are central to everything we do. Therefore an essential ability is to demonstrate practically how decisions are made and activities undertaken in line with the principles of Kill Complexity, Care More, Create Legacy and Never Rest
* Protect our customers and Aviva by ensuring your team’s activity prevents fraud and meets legislative requirements
* Develops and drives a robust talent management approach to ensure a healthy balance between internal and external recruitment
* Manage risks and address any control weaknesses
* Uses different influencing approaches according to situation and a competent negotiator able to facilitate solutions in difficult circumstances
* Provides others with skills and knowledge to others to be able to be effective in enabling decisions in the business
* Takes ownership of customer problems whilst pro-actively driving continuous improvement of our customers journey
* Formalises solutions for and supports the Senior Group Protection Manager. Drives cross site consistency and change programs. Willing to travel to Norwich.
Essential knowledge and skills
* All essential learning
* Excellent technical knowledge of Group Protection products and market
* Understands the wider Aviva UK business strategy and its impact on the customer experience
* Experience owning controls and risks in your business area and the relevance of these in your role
* Proven ability to recruit the best people for the role and resource manage across the business area
* Leads and inspires, creating a high performing team in a systems thinking environment
* Makes data driven solutions to system restrictions through the use of excellent analytical skills using systems thinking methodology
* Focus on the customer
* Proven experience coaching and training others
* Ability to manage and prioritise workload with business objectives
* Energetic and forward looking with a strong desire to meet customer demands
* Role model behaviours, you are respected, credible and professional
* Self starter, can do attitude, resilient
* Leads change whilst engaging and motivating others
* Exemplary skills in all methods of communication. Capable and confident when speaking to customers, able to handle challenges in a succinct and effective response
* Ability to interpret and analyse complex data, formalising solutions
* Develops and maintains effective relationships
* Excellent Microsoft skills
* Appetite for innovation, curiosity, problem solving and change including ‘test and learn’ mind-set
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Anum Kassam on
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.