9 months ago
Group Protection Administration Team Manager
Would you like to manage a friendly, dedicated administration team in the UK's largest insurance business?
As a company, Aviva places an equally high value in our employees and our customers. We are looking for individuals to consistently deliver high standards of service, accuracy and efficiency and promote Group Protection scheme administration through positive interaction with all customers.
About the Job
We have an exciting opportunity within Group Protection Administration in Eastleigh for a Team Leader to manage a team of between 9 and 12 people.
If you are seeking a challenge your next job and relish working in a customer service environment this could be an amazing opportunity for you. You would be leading a close-knit team and delivering an exceptional service to mainly Financial Advisers and Intermediaries, where the primary customer demands are received via email and telephone.
What will you do in this role?
If successful, you will be:
* Spending time in the IT system with your team to understand the nature of the demand hitting the system, how the system works and take appropriate action on the system
* Developing and supporting your team to enable them to improve their knowledge and drive continuous improvement for our customers
* Understanding what really matters to the customer, helping your team to deliver excellent work for customers in accordance with principles and processes
* Ensuring the measures in place are driving the right behaviours
* Facilitating, supporting, guiding and enabling your team to bring value for the customer
* Continually reacting to the system, ensure processes go through a test and learn methodology and understanding the impact on your colleagues' work capacity
* Ensuring your team have the right level of versatility to cover all demands
* Sharing changes/improvements and constructively challenging others, providing suggestions to seek the right customer outcome
* Contributing to the organisation by considering value for customers and shareholders through balanced decisions
* Our core values are central to everything we do. Therefore an essential ability is to demonstrate practically how decisions are made and activities undertaken in line with the principles of Kill Complexity, Care More, Create Legacy & Never Rest.
* Protecting our customers and Aviva by ensuring your team’s activity prevents fraud and meets legislative requirements
* Managing risks and addressing any control weaknesses
What skills and experience would be best for this job?
* Experience in handling a team
* Positive attitude and a strong desire to meet customer demands
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* The ability to develop a deep understanding of the business areas key processes, controls and risks and the relevance of these on your role
* Stakeholder management and influencing skills
* Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills
* Willing to study for GRiD and CII exam
* Ability to interpret and analyse complex data and work with good attention to detail
* Decision-making and problem solving capabilities
What will you get for this role?
* A salary of up to £30,000 depending on skills, qualifications and experience
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Megan Douglas in the Recruitment team onor email@example.com
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.