5 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
The primary objective of the role is to manage performance of the UK business, including forecasting and budget processes and help manage the relationship with the shareholder. This is responsible for managing and delivering the UK financial story for both internal management purposes and the external shareholder.
This role manages a team of 9 that manages the 3 year planning cycle, the budget / forecasting & outlook processes, is involved in the month end financial results process and the preparation of quarterly results for external and internal presentations.
The Head of Group FP&A reports directly into the Group Controller – UK and will have regular contact with the UK CFO and Senior Leadership Team and is a key part of the finance leadership team.
* Responsible for managing the delivery of the monthly KPI Excomm Scorecard, TEF UK Excomm finance packs, TEF Group Excomm packs and other ad hoc analysis required by the respective Boards.
* Developing strong working relationships with the Telefonica Corporate teams, building trust and confidence in the UK team is essential as well as ensuring alignment on key issues. Also important is developing a network across other Operating Businesses within Telefonica to share and learn from best practice across the Group.
* Effective leadership and engagement of 9 employees and associated costs circa £750k.
* Responsible for closing the month end, in partnership with the financial controller, managing Group expectations through the WD3 meetings and providing explanation to the Group on the UK performance through WD10.
* Providing financial insights information and opportunities where the UK business can strengthen its financial performance
* Strong working relationship is required with the respective FP&A teams across the function to ensure a smooth end to end process and opportunities and risks within the financials are well understood and delivered
* Work with the Group investor relations team and UK market intelligence team to deliver and align key messages around the UK performance
Skills & experience:
* Qualified accountant with broad range of finance experience including analysis, reporting and processes
* High level of energy and motivation with a track record of delivery of results
* Pro-active can do approach, resilient and adaptable
* Analytical approach
* Strong people leader, experience of managing a team of professional employees. Ability to engage and motivate cross functionally in a matrix structure
* Ability to lead senior management teams, including cross functional and virtual teams.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at the highest level
* Strong communication and presentations skills (verbal and written)
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.