15 days ago
Group Classified Sales Executive
Overall Job Purpose
As part of the Sales team, you will be required to work within the wider classified team and the wider brand teams. This role is varied in that you are not on one set brand and will be at times working across more than one brand. You will be accountable for driving incremental revenues to the classified sections you work across. As a peripatetic you will be covering vacancies, annual leave and adding in extra support on projects and titles that need assistance.
A telephone based position selling classified advertising to an established client/agency base and develop new business for both print and digital. To achieve the maximum possible classified advertising revenues from these categories, and sell sufficient advertising space for your title(s), to fill the classified allocation for each issue, and exceed revenue targets. This is a full time role and you will be based in our Bristol office.
Here is Mel, our Classified Advertising Manager talking about the team:
* To meet and exceed team revenue targets.
* To work across a number of titles (sometimes at short notice) when advised by the Group Advertising Manager or Advertising Manager
* To cover brands when team members are on annual leave or there are vacancies within the team
* To canvass repeat and new clients by telephone, selling the benefits of using the classified section in order to fill allocated pagination.
* To meet call rate targets as determined by the Group Advertising Manager
* To create a sales plan enabling the executive to make accurate forecasts from their ‘patch’ of advertising clients.
* To create and maintain client database with up-to-date information on conversations and booking details.
* To tailor and send out media pack information to clients/agencies.
* To make full use of research data and use IMS runs where applicable to tailor sales pitches.
* To monitor competitor titles for potential advertisers and to call them.
* To liaise with our finance department, where necessary, to ensure clients with debts are not continuing to advertise.
* To input all sales bookings onto the appropriate systems and to be responsible for a system of sales records.
* To liaise with our production department to ensure that all advertisements are correctly positioned and accounted for.
* To keep the Group Advertising Manager or Advertising Manager informed of business at hand: at advertising meetings to report on business lost and gained and on possible future business.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
* Excellent interpersonal skills to persuade negotiate and establish good working relationships with colleagues and clients/agencies.
* Excellent communication skills over the telephone.
* Ability to contribute to a team environment.
* Ability to be adaptable to different tasks sometimes within a short time frame
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Basic IT skills.
* Ideally experience of basic administration in an office environment.
* An ability to close business in a constructive and professional manner
* Ideally experience in selling in a competitive consumer environment, preferably national press or local consumer media.
* Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent.