2 months ago
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Analyst to join our Saga Group change management team based in Enbrook, Folkestone.
You will be providing business analysis across the business and provide a more detailed understanding of business processes and the impact of the change. This will take on the form of capturing, validating, documenting and obtaining sign off on business requirements across all levels of change. You’ll bring good communication skills verbally and written.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
* Capturing, validating, documenting and obtaining sign off on business requirements across all levels of change.
* To facilitate effective workshops and meetings by using smart questioning to draw out information and outcomes.
* To have ownership of deliverables.
* To ensure effective stakeholder management in complex or matrix environments.
* To continually learn and share lessons.
* To maintain a working knowledge of the project and change lifecycles.
* To maintain a working knowledge of project methodologies utilised within Saga.
* To maintain knowledge of systems, operations, and people across the business.
* To partake in any training as required for the role.
* To demonstrate and maintain a logical approach to problem solving.
* To manage challenging situations and work under pressure on multiple concurrent projects though organisation and time management skills.
* To adapt quickly to changing priorities and workloads.
* Demonstrates proficiency with Saga’s methodologies.
* To work under own initiative within a structured framework as utilised within the wider team.
* To liaise with other departments and represent the Group Change Management team.
* To ensure actions, risks, issues, and decisions are logged against appropriate change items in accordance with the best practice requirements of Group Change Management.
* To absorb learnings from the role and the department to ensure future effectiveness and to be responsible for actively developing skills and knowledge.
* To liaise with all levels of personnel both internal and external in order to complete tasks.
* Feed ideas for continual improvements to Best Practice through to the Portfolio Management Team via Lessons Learnt and manage the implementation of these via trials.
* To ensure information held in the change system is accurate and up to date.
* To support Project Management upon request as part of the Change Control process.
* Evaluate multiple options before helping the project team settle on a solution.
* Make recommendations for delivery options.
The Ideal Candidate
* Excellent time management skills to enable successful delivery within pre-set deadlines and to the required standard.
* Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Attention to detail.
* Focused on quality.
* Naturally inquisitive.
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
* Able to think creatively to see more efficient ways of doing things.
* Quick and flexible learner with an aptitude for new processes, technologies and procedures.
* Expert problem solver.
* Analytical approach to tasks, research and projects.
* Enthusiastic about change but sensitive to the effect of change on people and businesses.
* Has a ‘Can do’ attitude and willingness to go the extra mile when required.
* Has stamina to complete drawn-out tasks.
* Ability to understand complex processes and question why things are done the way they are.
* Ability and confidence to challenge own self and peers to do the right thing.
* Ability to influence peers and the business.
* Understands competing objectives of the business in terms of commercial benefit and quality, and when to challenge.
* Recognises opportunities for improvement and uses initiative to introduce them.
* Ability to understand and describe systems, operations, people and processes in order to effectively understand and document change requirements.
* Able to capture information and create effective visual models.
* Able to use appropriate leadership style to gain and maintain trust, commitment and collaboration of others.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
* 28 days holiday
* Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
* Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
* AXA Be Supported
* Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
* Free fruit
* Give as you earn
* Free eye tests
* Honeymoon benefit
* Salary finance
* Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
* A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
* Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.