3 months ago
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the Role
Our training is fantastic, externally recognised by the institute of sales and marketing. Your first two weeks is classroom based training and then you will be entered into a graduate retentions academy, where you will continue learning on the job for twelve weeks. AO Manchester are now a recognised training centre for the ISM meaning we can offer post graduate qualifications in sales.
Internal promotion is really important to us at AO.com - 81% of our sales managers have been promoted within. On average it takes a graduate 11 months to be promoted to an assistant sales manager- where you will be given externally recognised sales training to become our next sale mangers.
The culture at AO is fantastic, we have regular team nights out in Manchester. Quarterly awards nights to recognise the success of the sales executives and team lunches to look forward too.
We also run sales incentives with chances to win lots of incentives. Incentives this year have included - Holidays abroad to New York, Vegas, Hong Kong and Dubai - weekends away and meals out!
If you are a hard worker and want to be rewarded with a successful sales career with a brilliant commission structure - apply today.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
This is a blended role, both inbound and outbound sales. You will be contacting our existing customers to retain their business. The leads are all warm as you will be speaking to our customers. You will understand the need of our customers and sell/ retain their business using a consultative approach.
You will be working towards both individual and team goals, so it is important that you are able to work well within a group.
A Few Things About You
* Are you educated to degree level?
* Are you highly motivated towards targets?
* Goal orientated with a passion to succeed?
* Career driven?
* Do you have the flexibility to go the extra mile in order to achieve personal and team targets?
* Commercial exposure i.e. retail , sales or telesales (would be a nice to have)
* Outbound sales experience (would be a nice to have)
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.
* 33 days holiday pro rata (Including Bank Holidays)
* Attendance bonus: For a year well spent*
* Company Sick Pay: Support when you need it*
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Share Save Scheme: Something for a rainy day
* Discounts on AO products: Exclusive savings
* An enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption package
* Childcare Vouchers
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Length of Service Holiday Bonus: More time to play*
* Eye Care Vouchers
* Death in Service
* Make A Difference (MAD) Days: Give something back, do something amazing
* Gifts for New Arrivals: Something for the mini AO’ers Gifts for Newlyweds: Something for the happy couple
* Free Snacks and Drinks
* Long Service Rewards: Our commitment to you, for your commitment to us*
* Social events calendar: Work is serious but we like to do it with a smile on our face
Discounted Gym Membership and onsite Starbucks facilities