6 months ago
The eCommerce department is the fastest growing department in Future, and some might argue in all of publishing. Our purpose is to unite readers with content that helps them make important buying decisions and make it easy for them to find the best deals on the products they want to buy. Last year we worked with over 2000 retailers including Amazon, Walmart and John Lewis to help our audience buy an average of 12,000 products every day. To deliver this we have developed our own proprietary Price Comparison solution, called Hawk, that allows our audiences to compare prices on over 2.5m products.
You’ll be part of a dynamic, forward thinking and very collaborative team, that thinks fast and acts more like a retailer than a publisher.
Job Summary & Purpose
Working directly with the Director of eCommerce, you will be part of our eCommerce Performance Management team. You will be responsible for managing the performance of several different retail categories across Future’s leading portfolio of websites. This will involve working closely with Editorial, Business Intelligence and Product Development teams to make sure we are maximising the value from each retailer we work with, and across each site.
In this role you will develop a detailed understanding of the eCommerce & affiliate world, including purchase funnels, user acquisition and retailer management. We will teach you how to use a variety of reporting and data analysis tools such as Google Analytics, Qlikview and retailer reporting dashboards.
We are looking for a bright, fast thinking and data driven graduate who can hit the ground running, delivering insights that the business can immediately use to drive greater profitability.
Key role responsibilities
* Work with the Director of eCommerce to become the subject matter expert for a group of retail categories across our sites, understanding their performance over time, and recommending improvements we can make.
* Provide the Director of eCommerce with product category data ahead of key internal and external meetings.
* Work with the BI teams to learn how to understand and interpret data across the whole purchase funnel.
* Proactively monitor user data to identify gaps or drops in revenue.
* Identifying ways of improving user experience across our websites, and suggest improvements to our proprietary “Hawk” price comparison solution.
* Work with BI team to build out an automated reporting suite that will drive decision making
* Make authoritative and proactive suggestions to editorial teams on new content we can create to drive sales.
* Work with our Affiliate Sales Teams to make sure we are working with high performing retailers, and to identify those not performing as well.
* Act as the eCommerce representative in internal meetings.
* Work with the key stakeholders to create business cases for changes to website functionality and user experience.
* Undertaking detailed analysis of product and article sales performance across multiple websites.
Essential skills and experience
* We are looking for a bright, data driven graduate or recent graduate (1-2 years experience)
* Strong numerical background, with at least A-Level Mathematics. A BA or MA in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or Economics preferable, but not necessary..
* Experience in a similar role within retail or eCommerce is great, but not necessary and for us the transferable skills and behaviours are key.
* You will need high levels of attention to detail as your role will involve working with lots of data across many different data sources.
* Excellent communication skills are a must. You’ll need to collaborate with a wide range of people in the US and UK, and at times you’ll be required to present your findings to senior stakeholders.
* Knowledge and a passion for technology and gaming will mean you will understand our customers .
* You will have an understanding who the major retailers are in key categories such as computing and mobile technology.
* Highly organised and methodical- there’s plenty to do and we move quickly so you’ll have to keep on top of many spinning plates.
* You’ll need an analytical mindset for this role and be great at finding pragmatic solutions to problems.
* You’ll be using a variety of software platforms so a good understanding of Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets is essential and experience of using other analytical tools would be a bonus.