9 months ago
LOCATION: Hackney (Tala HQ)
SALARY: Salary dependent on experience + commission and benefits
Founded by four university friends with a shared passion for design, technology and sustainability, Tala is a young British lighting brand with a mission to create exquisite products that have a positive impact. Guided by our ethos of “Conservation Through Beauty,” Tala’s aim is to contribute to the low carbon economy through thoughtful product design and transparent practices. Tala is more than a lighting company; it is a community of like-minded individuals grounded in a culture of sustainability through design excellence.
Collaboration is at the core of this role. We are looking for an ambitious and entrepreneurial individual to drive the growth of our global partnership program. This role involves identifying and qualifying suitable lighting brands and establishing strong relationships. For every beautiful fixture there is a need for a beautiful bulb! Collaborations are structured based on brand affinity, design credibility and product matching. A good candidate will be able to maximise the skills in each of Tala’s departments in order to build smooth deal flows and excellent customer service. The role straddles design, business development and works closely with the manufacturing team. Strategic thinking and execution is a must. The ideal candidate will be someone who is highly proactive, understands the A&D community and takes a structured approach to pipeline development.
This role will include, but not be limited to:
* Building and executing aon global partnership pipeline.
* Developing and maintaining key relationships with new and existing partnership customers.
* High level execution to ensure speed, efficiency and great customer service.
* Client negotiation and creatively approaching problems
* Organising and delivering product training
* Organising and attending A&D related events
* Maintaining CRM tools, account maps and client base
* Delivering a structured business plan for your respective channel
* Providing accurate sales forecasts and pipelines
* To understand the global design landscape and ensure that Tala is creating links with appropriate partners
* Working closely and collaboratively with other teams to communicate sales information
* Working as a brand ambassador
* Strong sales experience, preferably in the design sector
* High appreciation of marketing and brand equity - We choose our partners carefully
* Able to build, implement strategy and have a metric driven approach to
* Commercially-minded and able to develop accounts through strong relationships
* Robust communication and presentation skills
* An independent worker able to think for themselves whilst collaborating with other teams
* Pipeline management and CRM experience
* Ambitious with an entrepreneurial mind set
* Strong negotiation skills with the ability to work under pressure
* A motivated and enthusiastic self-starter
If you have a good understanding of the lighting industry, a passion for design and sustainability and feel you can be a brand ambassador for Tala, we’d like to hear from you.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter via the link below detailing why you are right for Tala.