7 months ago
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience directing innovative approaches to risk reduction within research and development, and laboratory environments.
* Strong analytical, quantitative, and qualitative skill set combined with account planning knowledge and passion for developing insights on user based behavior.
* Strong credible partner capable of negotiating successful outcomes with business leaders, while remaining flexible to alternate approaches with changing business priorities.
* Excellent communication and project management skills, to include leading teams, producing and maintaining timelines, management of multiple commitments and assemble project information into clear and concise written reports.
* Demonstrated ability to set the vision and lead complex global operational and strategic initiatives.
About the job
In this role you will manage the global Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) functions by developing and implementing strategies based on best practices and innovations that focus to keep our Googlers safe while they innovate.
From keeping Googlers safe and secure to managing disruptive events, the ability to anticipate, deter, detect, and act are the pillars of Google’s Global Security and Resilience Services (GSRS) team. As a member of GSRS you will help develop a culture where safety, security and resiliency are integrated into every facet of Google, including the creative process. You will help us continually identify, evaluate and monitor enterprise risks that could affect business activities and provide business leaders the information they need to make critical decisions. You'll collaborate with cross-functional teams to create innovative strategies and develop programs that drive sustainable effectiveness.
* Devise the vision, strategy and execution for the global Environmental Health & Safety team, collaborating cross-region, cross-team and cross-function to ensure regulatory compliance and promote the health and safety of the Google community.
* Guide internal business leaders on global environmental, health and safety regulatory compliance as it relates to real estate acquisition, development, and facilities operations - including research and development, manufacturing, retail, enterprise and more.
* Interpret global safety standards and regulatory requirements and develop strategies for sustained compliance and innovative approaches to the management of risk.
* Establish risk mitigation goals and develop metrics, dashboards and/or scorecards to track/communicate/drive progress.