3 months ago
Opening date for applications: 16th November 2018
Closing date for applications: 16th December 2018
Competitive salary applies.
* Experience in content strategy, UX writing, and creative leadership.
* Experience working cross-functionally with marketing and PR on product promotion, or direct marketing experience.
* Management experience.
* Experience in research design and execution, both qualitative and quantitative.
* Experience working with audio content.
* Ability to use and understand analytics dashboards.
About the job
The Commerce Merchant Solutions team plays a critical operation role in executing and running Google's new Commerce related businesses. We work in tandem with Sales and Product Management to provide an excellent experience for our merchant partners. Our culture mirrors that of a small start-up as we're working to create and scale Google's next billion dollar businesses. As part of the editorial team you are responsible for end-to-end, brand-right delivery of promotion for our partners. You oversee and deliver the creative for a designated number of markets, ensuring that the copy and images adhere to our guidelines while accurately representing our business partners. You work with agencies and/or freelancers to ensure high quality output, and you are responsible for the total package of the promotions (copy and image) in your markets. You are able to write and/ or prepare the images yourself for time-sensitive needs.
Our team helps users get up close and personal with Google Assistant. We make conversations, games, and features that people around the world can relate to. From helpful and understanding to fun and silly, we help the Assistant establish emotional and delightful connections with users.
We make delightful experiences from simple interactions and complex games to original content and curated collections. In addition to these fun features, you can ask the Google Assistant a question about itself and you’ll get a response from our team. We answer everything from “How are you?” to “Do you believe in vampires?”
We're a part of a larger team, whose mission is to create experiences that welcome every user and help shine a light on the positive sides of our shared world through the power of creativity and a dedication to craft.
Emotional connections can happen anywhere. Whether through visuals, words, or features, our team works together with others to build more emotional, impactful, and delightful products.
User experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. Our multidisciplinary UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and performance. We collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
* Pilot and experiment in established markets with new strategies, features, and tooling, and then help the other markets launch.
* Provide sourcing and interviewing assistance to hire new
team members and manage a team of 15.
* Collaborate with newly hired writers, guiding them
through onboarding and mentoring them throughout their transition and be responsible for training all writers regularly on changes and new efforts.
* Work on improvements to our content management system and act as creative team rep for documentation. Lead sprints to determine the strategy, UX, and creative concepts.
* Supervise all writing work across all efforts, and provide independent contributions to content. Support launch process for new projects from start to finish, including selling in the vision and getting approval from cross-functional stakeholders.