about 1 year ago
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
Every one of our Credit Specialists represent the American Express brand. They take work seriously because they are more than just a voice on the phone, they’re problem solvers and relationship builders.
The people you will work with, and the Card Members you will care for, value your passion and unique personality as much as we do.
American Express is a global service company, providing Card Members with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Our Credit department aims to strike the right balance between enabling spend and taking actions to recover balances, prevent fraud and limit exposure for American Express.
In the German/Austrian Past Due team, you will be responsible for managing first contact resolution with Card Members who are either overdue or have had a rejected direct debit payment. These Card Members require re-education on the impact of late or rejected payments.
You will display exceptional negotiation skills for the collection of overdue payments to avoid potential losses to the company, resolving and preventing future occurrence.
You will be part of a team that delivers world class results, both for Card Members and the business. This team will start on the 9th April 2018
In your role you will:
* Negotiate for the collection of overdue payments;
* Secure the repayment of due and overdue funds;
* Put in place repayment plans that balance the customer’s ability to repay and ongoing account management;
* Uphold the American Express brand image and customer loyalty through outstanding customer service;
* Work to the highest standards with a balanced delivery of both outstanding customer experience and shareholder value.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
For this role, prior experience in call centres or credit environments is not necessary.
More importantly, you must be:
* A fluent German speaker;
* An excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills;
* Highly assertive with an accomplished telephone manner;
* Confident taking initiative and making judgement calls;
* Able to use negotiation and relationship management skills to provide win-win outcomes;
* Highly self-motivated, results-oriented and positive;
* A team player;
* Well-presented and professional;
* Passionate about American Express and customer service.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com orfor Russia based candidates).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time