5 months ago
* Taunton, Somerset
* £41000 to £60000 £41,000 plus bonus and car OTE £55-60K
WOULD YOU GO THE EXTRA MILE?
Our success at Furniture Village is built on providing an outstanding customer experience. That’s why our staff are our greatest asset. We really value our team of caring and passionate people who are prepared to do whatever it takes to make the customer’s journey a worthwhile one, every time.
Now we are looking for an experienced General Manager who shares our ambitions and our values. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a high performing team across the business.
A positive attitude is vital, along with the determination to succeed and help others to succeed. That means you have excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills and have already headed up a successful Sales Team. Experience in representing a quality brand is also essential, as well as flexibility, and a commitment to delivering on time from day one.
Some key aspects of the General Manager role
* Maximising bookings, sales, margin and profit in line with budgets.
* Lead the team to ensure maximised bookings, margins, add ons, add ups and add ins
* Following all systems and procedures correctly, effectively and consistently.
* Actively keeping track of sales team performance against target
* Manage and control variable costs.
* Successfully achieving activity targets.
* Using your persuasive skills and influence to move sales forward.
* Ensure the store is well presented
* Ensure all H&S legislation is adhered to
* Ensure all delivery service standard are achieved
* Ensure all store administration is carried out in an efficient well organised and effective manner
Do you have the personal skills?
You should be able to:
* Make a good first impression on other people, and maintain it.
* Exceed customer expectations by identifying and providing them with the best possible solutions.
* Pick out the key facts in oral and written communication and communicate information clearly and persuasively.
* Be aware of your behaviour and adapt it to suit your audience and achieve a desired result.
* Take decisions when required to do so.
* Stay positive in the face of disappointment and/or rejection.
Do you have the leadership skills?
You should be able to:
* Understand how your business area is performing and set a direction accordingly.
* Understand your team members and how they are performing,
* Monitor team and individual targets and address areas of concern through coaching and mentoring,
* Make directional changes, where necessary to achieve results.
* Communicate effectively with others to engage them with any changes.
* Challenge the norm, if that benefits the business and/or your colleagues.
* Achieve positive outcomes from difficult situations.
* Create opportunities for others to develop new skills.
* Consider the people/skills and knowledge required to achieve future goals.
* Set challenging targets for yourself and others.
* Maintain positive relationships with suppliers and external business partners
What you can expect in return:
* An excellent salary and benefits package
* Life assurance (after a qualifying period)
* Permanent health insurance
* An opportunity to develop and grow with the business
* Generous discounts at Furniture Village