6 months ago
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, related quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience with data and opportunity analyses.
* Experience working as a Mobile Games Analyst or Product Manager.
* Experience optimizing monetization through supply side sales and user segmentation. Experience optimizing user retention/engagement through gameplay changes, game economies and game balance tuning etc.
* Experience as a product manager or games analyst in the mobile gaming industry.
* Expert level knowledge in one or more of the following areas: free to play game monetization, user engagement strategies, user acquisition/reacquisition/retention, user segmentation methodologies, and/or app subscriptions.
* Comfort writing SQL to retrieve data from large data warehouses and analyzing it to identify growth and optimization opportunities.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
About the job
The Developer Business Growth team is a group within the Google Play BD organization whose goal is to maximize the success of our partners new and existing games. We seek to quantifiably and sustainably improve their performance by leveraging Google Play data, as well as our own deep experience as games developers. We drive business growth via extended collaboration with developer teams.
On the Developer Growth team, you'll work as a consultant, analyst, and product manager, comfortable being nose deep in data as well as presenting findings to a room full of executives.
As a Games Growth Consultant, you'll leverage data analysis skills and games industry experience to identify opportunities for our partners' apps/games and devise solutions for them. This includes presenting best practices as part of education campaigns, presenting performance benchmarks to developers, as well as providing highly nuanced insights to grow our strategic developer’s games. While working with partners, you'll learn about the entire app ecosystem and all gaming genres.
* Analyze game performance vs. peers to identify areas for optimization and growth.
* Create presentations to communicate findings and strategies.
* Communicate findings and opportunities to developer leadership.
* Partner with developers during extended consulting engagements to assist with designing, executing, iterating and quantifying the impact of growth opportunities.