about 1 year ago
Fund Dealing Consultant
About the role
Due to growth a role has opened up to join this dynamic team within the My Money, corporate pensions operation.
Working within a team of three, this role acts as a support function to the wider operation, acting as a subject matter expert with regards to member dealing, corporate events, and static data maintenance, whilst engaging with third parties both internally and externally.
This role would suit a proactive individual, with a desire to learn, within a fast paced environment. The suitable candidate would take ownership and responsibility for daily tasks, working within strict time constraints to minimise market exposure, and would demonstrate a high degree of diligence in executing their duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Act as a point of contact in respect of all trade executions, fund events/corporate actions and related activities.
* Respond to client/3rd party/internal queries in a timely manner to ensure all queries are resolved within SLAs.
* Convey technical information clearly, tailoring to the recipient e.g. charging structures, limit orders, corporate actions, corrective actions.
* Receive client trade instructions and communicate them to relevant parties and the My Money platforms within specified timeframes.
* Manage the administration of fund events/corporate actions when necessary, including identification, timely communications to members, accurate monitoring of responses and implementation of required actions.
* Manage the execution of any manual trades for My Money in line with all regulatory and company requirements.
* Manage and oversee the end-to-end dealing process (placement to settlement) to ensure timely and accurate completion.
* Excellent understanding of the legislative and regulatory framework that impacts their work, e.g. FCA COBS rules.
* Pro-actively build relationships with clients, 3rd party providers and internal contacts to ensure a consistently high standard of service is delivered.
* To attend client and 3rd party meetings as required.
Skills & Experience required
* An understanding of the financial services industry and its regulatory environment.
* General knowledge and awareness of UK retail financial services, including investment products, tax wrappers, financial planning, regulatory environment, and the systems and controls required for efficient and accurate investment administration.
* Excellent understanding of qualifying/non-qualifying investments and subscription limits related to all products.
* Certificate in Financial Administration (CII), Investment Administration Qualification/Investment Operations Certificate (CISI) and Investment Management Certificate or equivalent desired.
* Experience of investment administration roles, on behalf of a fund manager, fund platform provider, pension provider and/or custodian beneficial.
* Client servicing experience within a retail financial services operation.
* Excellent communication and relationship management skills, both verbal and written with internal and external clients.
* Flexible, visionary and innovative approach to problem solving.
* Good analytical skills as well as evaluative judgement based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information
* Re-balancing, reduction of out of market exposure methodology and dealing.
* Numeracy skills, in particular to complete complex calculations with regards to ensuring member portfolios are in the correct position at a point in time
* Ability to accurately and clearly update numerical and written data
What will I get from this role?
* Salary of up to £27,000 dependent on experience
* Annual performance related pay review and bonus
* Defined contribution pension scheme
* Generous holiday allowance
* Excellent flexi-benefits package
‘Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty’
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.